If you could have just one bag...

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a Kappa top case with a Givi rack...yes, they work together. I bought both pieces used for not a whole lot of money...sorry no links but they can be found everywhere.

I only went about 1/2 mile max with the wood in there...lol....it's amazing how much stuff you can fit in the case; it's like a magician's hat.

My girlfriend won't ride with me unless the top case is on there. I leave the rack on and simply take the case of (1 or 2 seconds) for the track. It locks and can be synched with your brake lights.
________
How To Roll A Joint

Last edited:

lexyallen2

BeachBum
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Top Rack with Two Bros. Exhaust...

I contacted Givi, and they said their top rack and tube system won't work with a two bros exhaust and fender eliminator kit.
Are they just trying to avoid liability, and is there truly a way to make this system work on my bike? How essential are the exhaust hookups? Could I do some creative engineering and make it work??

DynaSport

Reaction score
Visit site
I understand some people's desire not to change the look of the bike by putting a bag(s) on it. I use my bike for almost all of my solo travel though, so I have to have a way to carry the stuff I need to take with me or pick up along the way. I currently ride a Harley with a rack on the back and I have a T-Bag I keep mounted on almost all the time. It is very easy to put on and off and holds a bunch of stuff. This is the bag I have T-BAGS® HELMET BAG :: Detail if I was buying one now, I would probably get this one T-BAGS® LACONIA :: Detail. When I go out of town on the bike I have a LARGE leather bag that holds a TON of stuff. I find these to be the most efficient ways for me to carry things with me. I also keep some bungee cords and one of those bungee nets for when I have something odd sized to carry.

I am not sure what your rack options are, but if the bike is for more than recreational riding and you NEED to carry stuff, I would look into some kind of rack on the back and some kind of detachable bag to mount on it like my T-Bag.

Good luck.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I contacted Givi, and they said their top rack and tube system won't work with a two bros exhaust and fender eliminator kit.
Are they just trying to avoid liability, and is there truly a way to make this system work on my bike? How essential are the exhaust hookups? Could I do some creative engineering and make it work??

You should get one of these:

showfull.php

Oh sorry I forgot you live on the other side of the pond :)

I use a tank bag and a large Givi/yamaha topbox (fits 2 helmets, and a lot of firewood if I want :D) .

Last edited:

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to have to say tail bag. I actually found a way to use the round bag that I used to use on my Harley.
PA310001.jpg

This TBAG has an expandable outer sissy bar mount that I run under my seat, then wrap the tie down straps throught the passenger grab handles.
PA310003.jpg

This bag looks like it's small, but I can fit my helmet, or even my leather jacket in the bag.
PA310002.jpg

I take this bag on any long trip, or if I have to do some local shopping.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Givi topcase here. Great for any trip especially if I don't want to carry around my helmet. I heard of people stealing helmets by cutting the straps.

Reaction score
Visit site
Still looking for a used givi top/side racks (used) and a givi top case or other brand that will fit. So far, I've tried ebay and craiglist..... nope, nada. If anyone hears of said critters (used), please let me know. I'm more interested in a top case than the side ones. Yeah I know. Looks weird. But it sure is a good way to carry a rain suit and other incidentals. Can fit a bag or two of groceries in it also, if needed. To paraphrase a previous post,"If you value your soft luggage, you better take it with you when the bike is out of sight". bad enough carrying a helmet and tank bag around. It's not that I don't trust the general public; I just don't want to place too much temptation in front of them.

mustnt grumble

Reaction score
Visit site
A Kriega US-20 for longer trips and a US-10 for day trips. They've lasted years, never leaked, fit any bike and can be connected together to increase capacity.

Sorry to resurrect an old post-I'm thinking of getting a Kriega US20 tailpack for an upcoming jaunt across the channel. I think I'm right in saying that the Kriega secures with a strap under the seat-is it safe to use with the FZ6 underseat exhaust or is there a risk of the strap melting? Also, the Kriega website suggests that the US20 has a quick release system. Ideally I want to be able to leave it in place for short periods without the fear of someone running off with my spare undies etc. Is this the case?