Identify this naked conversion

RobotGabe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello
I purchased my 2008 fz6 in April with a naked conversion already done. Can someone identify what kit was used? Im looking for directions so that come fall I can take it off and un-naked it for a road trip.

I'm a bit iffy on how this headlight is connected and wondering if it's missing parts. The headlight rattles at highway speeds even though all the parts are screwed down.
It appears that this is only mounted to the frame with two screws below the headlight and another connection point under the tach.

Thanks in advance.
ury4uqup.jpg
getuhutu.jpg

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Well hard to say for sure which kit this is based on the pictures only but this is definitely a FZ1N headlight and fairings.

The question is what bracket is used to hold everything together. FZ1N bracket needs to be modded to fit the FZ6. The speedo seems to be mounted a bit low for the FZ1N bracket. There are no fork brackets, which are usually used when not using the FZ1N bracket. Also the FZ1N bracket once fitted properly does not rattle. I would guess this is a custom work. Post some pictures from the top and the support that is used to hold the headlight.

RobotGabe

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I'm including some additional pics.
4egutu2y.jpg
8uta5are.jpg
ymubyjyd.jpg
egarurym.jpg

One pic shows the bolt unscrewed a bit to highlight the only connection point. Where my thumb is show the top of that bolt.

Last edited:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
This looks like the standard fz1n kit including the bracket. As mentioned before the bracket does not fit the fz6 without modifications and based on your pictures, some of the modifications were made.

However the top section is not aligned with the fork properly possibly indicating that the bracket was not modified properly and is hitting the ignition and possibly causing the noise, rattle. Otherwise even with only 3 mounting points, these should be a solid setup. I also see that rubber grommets have been used properly.

You can check out this thread if you want to verify that your bracket is not hitting the ignition. Coincidently the poster of that thread added a 4th mounting point for the bracket. Maybe 3 really isn't enough.

FZ1N Headlight Project - Page 3 - Sportbikes.net

Hope this helps.