ideas?

rdabernig41

Reaction score
Visit site
alright its been a while since ive been on here but i have a blue 2009 fz6. currently my mods are: ss scorpion pipes, fender eliminator, drag bar, puig windscreen, tinted out taillights and turn signals, and i think thats it. i love the way my bike looks. but its a new year which means new mods! lol. I've been thinking of a cat eliminator and the power comander but im not sure yet. can i get some reviews on doing those 2 mods and then some more suggestions on what i should do? got some extra money to spend now (one good thing about getting rid of the girlfriend haha) but im not sure what direction i should head in. definately wanting to get more performance outta the beast. my friend has a r6 and is alot faster than me surprisingly, at least on the straights. i didnt think it would be that much of a difference but yeah. i want to stay with him and possibly beat him lol. so anyways suggestions and reviews would be great! thanks everyone

there is quite a few threads about performance, and the frequently repeated answers are:
1. get a different bike (usually it is fz1, r1, r6)
4. get some track lessons
... and it's true making a hp monster out of fz6 is gonna be really expensive. would be much easier and cheaper just to get a sport bike.
people usually gain ~7hp with aftermarket exhaust, power commander, airbox mod. its not much for the price you pay
I'm not sure if I'm right here but the difference between fz6 and r6 on 0-60 is what, 0.5s so it's not that much especially when you take amateur riders like most of us are.

I'm thinking of getting power commander too, overall reviews are positive, the bike has a little more torque and runs soother.

Thought about playing with your suspension. There is stuff all over the forum about swapping the forks out with the R6 forks, or replacing the springs and oil in your forks. However, if i had cash to burn this would be my first go,

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/29048-ohlins-rear-suspension.html
This also shows a front spring replacement with ohlins springs and oil.

Last edited:
ss hel brake lines
Yep 100%. Most people want to go faster, but don't really consider the advantage of good brakes to faster cornering, not to mention overall safety. I bought my 2006 2 weeks ago and one of the first things I did was order SS lines (with a nice red cover to add to cosmetics). I also reckon that they are an awesome value addition at an affordable price. Can't wait for them to arrive from UK.:thumbup:

Back