I think I've fallen in love...but don't tell the seller

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
2009 Cobalt blue 961 miles, bike is out in the NW. 52 year old owner. His friend gave up riding so he did also. I think I can get a decent deal.

What do you think? Any questions I should be asking as I won't be there in person to check it out.

Has all service records. Original bill of sale. Completely bone stock.

rightsidej.jpg

leftsides.jpg

frontkwd.jpg

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's all stock, that's a very good thing. It looks great (apart from that bloody hidious exhaust LOL).

Ask him how often he changes oil and which oil he uses; how often he lubes the chain - it's probably the little things that matter.

BTW, how much is he asking?

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
If it's all stock, that's a very good thing. It looks great (apart from that bloody hidious exhaust LOL).

Ask him how often he changes oil and which oil he uses; how often he lubes the chain - it's probably the little things that matter.

BTW, how much is he asking?

Got him down to $5,600 seeming as how it will cost $800 to ship it to me. But shhhh. Don't want anyone else to steal it from me.
;)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine resembles that bike.... ;) It is a great deal. Never been abused and bone stock? How about fly out for $250 and ride it back for some fuel and cheap hotel bills? Save some cash and really get to know/enjoy the bike! :thumbup:

Bring a waterproof GPS! ;)

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
That's an awesome deal indeed!! I see the bike is also equipped with a rocket launcher - that's a great mod! Do you know if you can use that exhaust on aerial targets as well?

:BLAA:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
wow awesome looking bike and I think with less than 1000 miles this is def a steal, go ahead a buy it before someone else grabs it from you.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Less than 1,000 miles on a 3 year old bike? How do people not ride their bikes? I think I put 1,000 miles on my FZ6 in the first week! :BLAA:

Great deal, jump on that!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, there's absolutely nothing to ask. The bike is new.. don't care if it never had oil change or any service whatsoever. It's an absolutely great deal even if you pay the $800 to ship it.
Flying out and riding back would be an awesome adventure, but you have to remember that bike must be registered before you can ride it. Insurance is easy to get.. registration .. not nearly as easy (you would have to complete transaction before you fly out there so you could have title in hand to take to DMV with proof of insurance).
I would also wanna do an oil change before putting big miles on it, in case it's never been done.. miles are low but oil may have broken down some from being 2 years old.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, there's absolutely nothing to ask. The bike is new.. don't care if it never had oil change or any service whatsoever. It's an absolutely great deal even if you pay the $800 to ship it.
Flying out and riding back would be an awesome adventure, but you have to remember that bike must be registered before you can ride it. Insurance is easy to get.. registration .. not nearly as easy (you would have to complete transaction before you fly out there so you could have title in hand to take to DMV with proof of insurance).
I would also wanna do an oil change before putting big miles on it, in case it's never been done.. miles are low but oil may have broken down some from being 2 years old.

Many states will issue a temporary "transport" registration so that you can get the vehicle back to your home state legally...you just have to get the bike added to your insurance policy before you make the trek!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Many states will issue a temporary "transport" registration so that you can get the vehicle back to your home state legally...you just have to get the bike added to your insurance policy before you make the trek!

NJ is not one of them :( (I asked)
NY allows in-transit temporary plate, but ONLY if the transfer is within state. Not allowed to use it to bring vehicle out of state into NY.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
Got him down to $5,600 seeming as how it will cost $800 to ship it to me. But shhhh. Don't want anyone else to steal it from me.
;)
800? to ship it, must be going cross country, still I have seen people ship bikes cross country for $400-500, can I ask who you using to ship it?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
800? to ship it, must be going cross country, still I have seen people ship bikes cross country for $400-500, can I ask who you using to ship it?

Sure sounds like cross country. Bike is in NW (North West I assume) and OP is in big apple (New York).

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Less than 1,000 miles on a 3 year old bike? How do people not ride their bikes? I think I put 1,000 miles on my FZ6 in the first week! :BLAA:

Great deal, jump on that!

I bought my fiance a 2005 Ninja 250 It has 2500 miles on it.... You would be surprised how many older low mileage bikes exist.

D

Dave.TX

*jealous*

Got a big dose of Dangitol. That's a sweet deal and I hope to someday land something like that. I don't mind the "rocket launcher" exhaust, think the newer ones look better than the older FZ1's. If I wasn't making payments on my FZ6 I'd make the same trade up to a bigger bike.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't mind the "rocket launcher" exhaust, think the newer ones look better than the older FZ1's.

Latest version uses black plates so the whole pipe is one color. They also make carbon fiber replacements to swap out the sliver ones.. definitely makes it look better. I just got a carbon replacement exhaust for less than 200 shipped :D
Infinitely more choices for any given part for FZ1 than for FZ6 (sad.. unless FZ1 is what you have :D )