got another bike!

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found this 07 Triumph Speed Triple with just 1500 miles on it somewhere 1 hour away from my place.
Last week I went to see it, and the bike was like new - the owner was a cop ;)
After I rode it, I knew I’m going to go home with this bike - I was blown away!
I test rode few other Triples before, but this one felt new & tight unlike any of the previous ones; in fact the engine was just out of its break-in period.
(Funny fact - before I test rode it, the cop told me where I can go & open it up a bit, where to be careful, etc, all in his area over there).

Bike is bone stock, except the bikini fly screen which is an original Triumph accessory. It took me a while to find a good Triple without modifications!
I paid $6k for it + I got an Arai helmet in great condition (which of course it wasn’t my size; I gave it to a friend of mine).
I think is a great deal for a practically new bike; is almost ½ the price of a brand new one at the dealership (they sell now mostly 2009 and some 2010).

I’m not going to compare it with my FZ6; is a way more nimble & powerful bike, a different animal.
Below are some pictures I took with my phone right after I brought it home, not great pictures, but that’s all I have.
Now, after a week I added frame & fork sliders, fender eliminator, I did an oil change adjust the chain, etc, but what’s most important, I rode it few times on my usual canyons – oh boy, is a troublemaker, I love it!

BTW, all the aftermarket parts and everything else for the Speed Triple are more expensive & harder to find then for my FZ6.

If I manage to stay alive & out of jail, I’ll take & post better pictures later.

Cheers!

PS: for now, I still keep the FZ6.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site

I've never thought that I could own multiple bike at the one time...^^;
MBS (Multiple Bike Syndrome), welcome to the club.
ha ha ha.

PS: Since mine is not that expensive to own (very budget toy), I would keep my new toy for the some long time for now.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found this 07 Triumph Speed Triple with just 1500 miles on it somewhere 1 hour away from my place.
Last week I went to see it, and the bike was like new - the owner was a cop ;)
After I rode it, I knew I’m going to go home with this bike - I was blown away!
I test rode few other Triples before, but this one felt new & tight unlike any of the previous ones; in fact the engine was just out of its break-in period.
(Funny fact - before I test rode it, the cop told me where I can go & open it up a bit, where to be careful, etc, all in his area over there).

Bike is bone stock, except the bikini fly screen which is an original Triumph accessory. It took me a while to find a good Triple without modifications!
I paid $6k for it + I got an Arai helmet in great condition (which of course it wasn’t my size; I gave it to a friend of mine).
I think is a great deal for a practically new bike; is almost ½ the price of a brand new one at the dealership (they sell now mostly 2009 and some 2010).

I’m not going to compare it with my FZ6; is a way more nimble & powerful bike, a different animal.
Below are some pictures I took with my phone right after I brought it home, not great pictures, but that’s all I have.
Now, after a week I added frame & fork sliders, fender eliminator, I did an oil change adjust the chain, etc, but what’s most important, I rode it few times on my usual canyons – oh boy, is a troublemaker, I love it!

BTW, all the aftermarket parts and everything else for the Speed Triple are more expensive & harder to find then for my FZ6.

If I manage to stay alive & out of jail, I’ll take & post better pictures later.

Cheers!

Harder to find parts? Try telling that to Prebstar. Have you seen how many after market/triumph parts he has on that thing? Not difficult at all. There are always plenty of Ebay, Triumph themselves and the following site.

Triumph Speed Triple 1050cc Parts and Accessories

Mike has many different parts and could still keep on going :D

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool. Did he say why he was selling it?

He got it in 2007 as a b-day present & never like it much. He also had 2 dirt bikes. Also he thinks is dangerous & he said he doesn’t have time, due to his schedule (working nights) and a child.

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The white color

Nice. I also like the white and the plainness of it. It's a head-turner.

Half of you guys commented on the white color.
Same happened to me – I always wanted a black Speed Triple; looks so mean & aggressive. Is so popular, that almost everybody has one!

When I went to see it, it was the first white one. I’ve seen before blue, orange, bright green, black, but not white.
It works a great deal of contrast in white with the rest of the black bike, the chrome exhausts, etc.
In Italy, the white Speed Triple is the only bike ever that outsold a black color!

The next body mod is going to be a belly pan – I can get in white too, but I’ll probably get it black. See pics below for a better idea.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I've heard nothing but good about those triple! I've seen a couple of them and they look even cooler in real life. Picture really don't do them justice. You'll have fun with that.:rockon: