I need to be consoled.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the guy came over with a check for me, I got the title notarized and signed earlier. I just watched my fz6 ride on down the road with another rider. Seems the least she could have done was misfire or something just not seem to eager to be going down the road with a new rider. /sigh. anyway, just got insurance on my new kawasaki vulcan 900 so its not all bad.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
:( Just try to remember all the good memories. She's a better girl because you were in her life.

And now, enjoy riding the new girl!

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
its a small loss, one that will be replaced when the time is right. the vulcan is a good good bike. not a fz6 but its gonna be a good thing for right now. there are so many adventure bikes out there now, i will really need to check out whats out there. but thats down the road.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
A beloved FZ6 gone? This calls for a sad song.

Its from Rammstein, and it's called "Without You"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pkLDEEs20U"]YouTube - Rammstein - Ohne Dich[/ame]

Here are the lyrics in case you don't understand german

I'm going to go into the fir trees
There where I last saw her
But the evening is throwing a cloth upon the land
and upon the ways behind the edge of the forest
And the forest it is so black and empty
Woe is me, oh woe
And the birds sing no more

Without you I cannot be
Without you
With you I am alone too
Without you
Without you I count the hours without you
With you the seconds stand still
They aren't worth it

On the branches in the ditches
it's now silent and without life
And breathing becomes oh so hard for me
Woe is me, oh woe
And the birds sing no more

Without you I cannot be
Without you
With you I am alone too
Without you
Without you I count the hours without you
With you the seconds stand still
They aren't worth it without you

Last edited:

travisj37

Humble FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
yamaha-fz6.blogspot.com
Well, you know what they say... when one door closes, another one opens. But why would you close the door on an FZ6?? :shakehead:

J/K - I hope you have good times with your new bike. :rockon:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sold the FZ6... Dumba$$! Consoling? Sorry you're a Dumba$$! Dumba$$....

:disapprove: Consoling.... hmmmmm.... Sorry you won't be able to keep up with us now!

:justkidding: Good luck with the new bike man. It's tough to let it go! I did this with my '05.... then after considering other bikes, ran back to Yammie and snapped up the '08 FZ6! I'm either weaker than you or smarter than you. ;)

zero2sixty

Reaction score
Visit site
I just googled Kawasaki vulcan. Oh, this is a sad day indeed....I just can't understand ... these bikes are SO different....this bike is so non-fz6ish.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LoneSoldier to the rescue!!!

3159_tequila_latin_eyes_veronica_castrocopy.JPG

cvigzg1l.jpg

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the guy came over with a check for me, I got the title notarized and signed earlier. I just watched my fz6 ride on down the road with another rider. Seems the least she could have done was misfire or something just not seem to eager to be going down the road with a new rider. /sigh. anyway, just got insurance on my new kawasaki vulcan 900 so its not all bad.

I offer consolation here. I've considered making a change to a Vulcan myself since moving to Modesto. All of the roads with-in 1/2 hour or so are straight and flat. When I lived in Roseville, I had access to a number of twisty roads and could make it to Reno or Lake Tahoe in under 2 Hours. I just went to Reno this weekend and it took almost 4 hrs of straight freeway to get there that fast. This town is much better suited to a cruiser than a sport/sport touring bike like the FZ6.

Which model of Vulcan did you get?

My two favorites are the Vulcan Mean Streak 1600 and the Vulcan 900 Custom. I've owned two Mean Streaks and they're great bikes with the exception of no ground clearance for cornering, and a really crappy seat for passengers. The 900 Custom offers better ergos for a passenger, but at a sacrifice of power due to the 900cc power plant.

Anyway, good luck with your new ride.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I offer consolation here. I've considered making a change to a Vulcan myself since moving to Modesto. All of the roads with-in 1/2 hour or so are straight and flat. When I lived in Roseville, I had access to a number of twisty roads and could make it to Reno or Lake Tahoe in under 2 Hours. I just went to Reno this weekend and it took almost 4 hrs of straight freeway to get there that fast. This town is much better suited to a cruiser than a sport/sport touring bike like the FZ6.

Which model of Vulcan did you get?

My two favorites are the Vulcan Mean Streak 1600 and the Vulcan 900 Custom. I've owned two Mean Streaks and they're great bikes with the exception of no ground clearance for cornering, and a really crappy seat for passengers. The 900 Custom offers better ergos for a passenger, but at a sacrifice of power due to the 900cc power plant.

Anyway, good luck with your new ride.

wow thats a cool bike!!

2007101956792265.jpg

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
i got the kawasaki vulcan 900 LT. its got the full tour package, wind shield, baggage. its the pearl white colored one. its actually a good handling bike. I feel that my experience with the fz6 taught me how to handle this bike well. heavy bike though, sure would hate to have it fall on me. lol I sold my fz6 for 4k cash , gave the 4k to my dad and he handed me the keys. its got a little over 2,000 miles on it.

W

wrightme43

I dont know man, I dont guess you need any consoling. You get to ride with your girl now anyway. I love my FZ but two wheels is two wheels. Enjoy her.