I love...

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike! FZ6 FTW!!!

Even though I've made some posts here and there I'm still a noob, both to the forum and to riding. In July of this year I got my motorcycle endorsement from the state of Tennessee without even knowing how to ride. I find this pretty scary to think about 16 year old kids on SS bikes not knowing how to ride.... but I digress. After getting my license I took the MSF course and can't brag about it enough!

So after I took the course I bought a '97 Suzuki GS500e that I put about 3k miles on in a few months. It's a great bike but I was looking for something a little more comfortable and a little more... fuel injected? So I bought a new 2007 FZ6 in super fast blue :rockon:

Well it's "new". Apparently some guy bought it back in the summer, after he had taken it home his financing fell through? not sure how that worked but he had to bring it back before it was registered. Had about 300 miles on it. So I bought it and paid more than I wanted to but after I signed the papers I found out it had lojack installed. guess that helps... sort of

anyway, I love my bike and I love this forum! Thanks to all the moderators, site admin, and the fz6 community for making it so great!

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
glad to have you and be safe out there!!!! o and the extra money u paid was for the faster blue one ;) the other colors are cheaper cuz they go slower ... ssshhh.. thats between me and you

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Congrats on the bike and your choice. The FZ6 is definitely a great bike. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it for quite some time to come.

You say that you're 16? Not meaning to change the subject, but you write very well for a person your age. Your punctuation, wording, and ability to communicate is nicely done. Yeah, I used to be a college instructor from way back. I notice these things. :D

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
1st- :welcome:
2nd- lots of info here for wherever your riding style/ preferences takes you!
3rd- an afternoon searching this forum is a VERY enlightening experience- no matter what you are seeking!

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike and your choice. The FZ6 is definitely a great bike. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it for quite some time to come.

You say that you're 16? Not meaning to change the subject, but you write very well for a person your age. Your punctuation, wording, and ability to communicate is nicely done. Yeah, I used to be a college instructor from way back. I notice these things. :D

Erm... apparently I can't write as well as I need to... I'm 30 haha. What I was trying to say was that in Tennessee it was way too easy for me to get my license. Thus it scares me to think about all of the 16 year olds that get their licenses when they should be taking the MSF course, practicing and being safe instead of doing stunts on their CBR600RR and GSXR600's

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1st- :welcome:
2nd- lots of info here for wherever your riding style/ preferences takes you!
3rd- an afternoon searching this forum is a VERY enlightening experience- no matter what you are seeking!

:welcome: this is a great place to be with great people to talk about motorcycles or just life :thumbup:

Enjoy Post Often Ride More

right on! :welcome: to the board! YOu'll find what you need.

thanks for the welcomes. tons of info here, I'm very impressed. I've spent hours and hours for the past week going through the forum and finding a wealth of information. I can easily say this is the best forum I've ever been a part of with the site layout, wealth of information, attitude of the members and the job that the moderators and site admin do! :thumbup:

:welcome: and congrats!!! Any pics?

Haven't had the chance to take any yet but the next good ride I go on, I'll be sure to take pics...that way I'll have something to look at while I daydream when I can't ride

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! And also a Huge Compliment for the best avatar here!!!

BEEKER ROCKS!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome buddy, and +1 on the avatar, you will never be missed with Beeker by your side.

:thumbup:

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Erm... apparently I can't write as well as I need to... I'm 30 haha.

LOL! Sorry, my mistake. Regardless, you still write better than some of the older adults that I used to teach. Also, I agree with you about some of the younger kids being able to ride such powerful machines at such a young age without being required to take a MSF. Way scary to think about. Still, if it were a requirement, you'd still get those who would be fools anyway. :tard:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

My buddy had a '90 GS500E as his first bike....fun little bike.

Sadly it's been sitting neglected since I purchased the FZ. I plan on taking it out sometime this week to keep fresh gas in the carbs. It is a fun bike and though I had planned on selling it when I bought the FZ... I don't know that I can bring myself to.

And thanks for the welcome!

Welcome! And also a Huge Compliment for the best avatar here!!!

BEEKER ROCKS!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Thanks!

Welcome buddy, and +1 on the avatar, you will never be missed with Beeker by your side.

:thumbup:

I'm not sure what that even means but it sounds like it must be a good thing, thanks!