I had to rely on my gear tonight

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ATGATT that's the only way to go. Glad nothing is major there Kenny. After all the miles that's too bad. I had a friend do almost the same thing at about 25 miles per hour but he caught the curb with his helmet and saved his marbles. Another vital piece of equipment. He was 3 blocks from home. Now you will have a story to tell at your MSF classes you teach.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, kudos on wearing the gear. And kudos on not panicing and riding the slide through. Good reminder that chopping would've resulted in a high-side.

So, if you were on the frame sliders and you thought you were just riding, you must've had some serious lean angle. Do you ride with really insane lean angles often? Did you hang off on that corner? I'm just trying to understand what happened here -- in hopes of learning something.

Thanks for sharing and heal up quick.

Dennis

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, kudos on wearing the gear. And kudos on not panicing and riding the slide through. Good reminder that chopping would've resulted in a high-side.

So, if you were on the frame sliders and you thought you were just riding, you must've had some serious lean angle. Do you ride with really insane lean angles often? Did you hang off on that corner? I'm just trying to understand what happened here -- in hopes of learning something.

Thanks for sharing and heal up quick.

Dennis

LOL...I scrape my pegs all the time.

CM_81768.jpg

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude. :rockon:

I only recently dragged knee on my R6 (hanging off) in a parking lot during a class; it felt really leaned over. I can't even imaging dragging a peg.

Dennis

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Dragging a peg more often than not means that you're doing it wrong, so you're goal should be to NOT drag anything (other than knee and elbow lol).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dragging a peg more often than not means that you're doing it wrong, so you're goal should be to NOT drag anything (other than knee and elbow lol).

I still have my 1 or 1/2 inches of the peg feelers from my stock pegs. Some people take them off, but I like them. I like to know where I'm at.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Were you dragging the feelers before you crashed? they could have participated in the loss of traction...

This is what you should drag :D

986554016_3cbMQ-L.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Just caught this thread, Kenny. I am glad you are OK. Well, except for that rosy elbow. How is it healing up?
Glad you had good gear, and that you and the bike are not too bad off. :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Were you dragging the feelers before you crashed? they could have participated in the loss of traction...

This is what you should drag :D

986554016_3cbMQ-L.jpg

As far as my peg feelers, they weren't touching. That picture is pretty close to my scenario except that my right elbow was between the ashpault which I couldn't budge from the weight of the bike and handlebars, and the bike was going more sideways than forward. Like I mentioned, my air mesh kevlar pants did it's job too. It got scuffed up, but I didn't feel a thing as far as my leg sliding on the ground.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your ok Kenny.. bike fared pretty well too... Another ATGATT example...

Thanks for the post and the pics.:thumbup: