I bought a FZ6!!!

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fellas,
So I bought a FZ6! It's a blue '05 with 7k miles on the clock. It looks liked it was tipped over on the right side, but other than that it's good to go. She's got new Dunlop Roadsmart tires, saddle bags, and a bike cover. :) So, I'm about to take her through some canyons in about 10 minutes... really looking forward to that!

My only concern about the bike is the throttle... It seems kinda touchy. Is that normal? It seems like if the throttle is slightly twisted, the bike surges. It's not dangerous or anything but slightly annoying. Could this be from the TPS recall?

let a brother know!
KG

J

jsteinb95

Congrats! I believe that's normal (touchy throttle)

Did you buy it from a dealer? If so, don't go for a ride....take it back and tell them about the surging. If not, then call your local dealer and have them run the VIN for the recall.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
You definitely need to run the VIN against the recalls. My bike improved after having the TPS installed but it's still touchy compared to a carbed or more expensive bike.

throttle and clutch control is the real answer but if you're looking for mods you can...

change the final gearing and run a gear higher than you otherwise would

get a PCIII and tune (or so I've heard)

buy a different bike

:needpics:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike!

(I hope he made it out of the "canyon" yesterday!)

Let us know what your first thoughts are after a good hard ride!

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey again fellas!

Yup I made it out of the canyons ok. :) Firstly, I really really like this bike. It's got some pep to it, and i need to get used to revving it high. I'm used to my 1000cc vtwin.

Totally different ride characteristics. I did notice that the bike seems a bit stiffer to throw around in corners compared to my vtr1000, but the engine... wow... the best descriptions i can give is the engine is like butter. I wasn't sure if the engine was even firing... I had to look at the tach to make sure it's turning. Good times.

I've noticed alot of people saying they are having a hard time seeing what rpm they are on because the LCD setup. I can't say I've had that problem. I look forward to spending more time on it.

I wasn't sure who asked, but I spent 3800 bucks on it. I think it's a good price. What sold me was the pretty low miles.

I was thinking about putting on some plastic on the bike, like a bellypan, or seat cowl, or side radiator cover, but yeah... that's alot of money. I think I'm going to put some flush mount turn signals on...

Thanks for reading the rant.

KG