I am Buying a PINK FZ6 Cup Bike!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No stress Dave, no secrets here. . . .except for the identity of the Mystery Pillion.

:Flip:

That one's easy. The mystery pillion is,K*&*&^% ....Darn! Something wrong with my keyboard:spank::spank:. Ah well:don'tknow:

Noice, mate. Love your work. Watching you scare the carp outta yourself on that thing will will give me something to do other than setting myself up as a target for all the useless drivers round these parts.:thumbup::cheer::rockon:

Shame about all the straight roads to get to the Goat Track:(

Cheers
Mike

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet bike and good deal on it too! Have fun with it Wolf!

I am picking up my new track bike tomorrow night :D :cheer: :rockon: :D

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would be interested to know the HP

FZ6-ZN

I'm pretty sure the Cup bikes are standard in the motor. The single GYTR alloy body race muffler and lead-in pipe might add a little bit, but other than that, it is basically a stock standard FZ6N.

Shame about all the straight roads to get to the Goat Track:(

Cheers
Mike

That's why you chuck it on a trailer to go to track days... save all the fun for on the track... get out there in the boring car :)

This is gunna be so cool. :thumbup:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, that's awesome!

I can just see it now... some people at a trackday heckling you over having a pink bike... then you lap them.... haha

pull up next to them "you better man up and learn to ride... being passed by someone on a pink bike has to hurt"

haha :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have it backwards, though. You race it and place well, and then you get sponsors. ;)

Am sorta thinking that with my profile as an Entertainer, that i might be able to get some $$$ support through the novelty factor of me actually being a minor personality of sorts, who actually races, might garner some support, especially as i "Entertain" a minimum of 150000 people a year in my job as a sorta high profile DJ.

But before any of that can even be entertained in anyway, i need to get myself to a track, and see whether i actually have the skills, and the kahuna's to post some sort of respectable lap times...and not just at one track.

I consider myself to be a reasonably skilled rider on the road, but as for the track, getting the knee down, and staying upright, that's a hole new kettle of fish.

At this point, i just want to get the bike, ride it, learn as much as i can from other people with track experience...and see where it takes me.

You never know unless you have a go...and i have decided it's time to "have a go", at the very least at getting out on the track with a bike that is set up for such shenanigans!

Am going to leave the bike pink, the more i think about it, the more i like it, and it seems that by the responses in this thread, i am not alone!

Anyway it suits my DJ persona as an extremely cheesily branded idiot who wears a Cow print cowboy hat & vest, sunglasses at night, whilst not being afraid to make a complete tool of myself in front of big crowds!

But all wank aside, i just wanna ride the thing....on the track, which is the proper place to ride fastish...where if you do lose it, there is medical attention on hand, no cagers to spoil the party, and most importantly, no risk of getting booked for being an irresponsible idiot on public roads...

I must be growing up, and getting sillier all at the same time!

Thanks for all the support re my purchase everyone.

:rockon:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
heads up the CA Superbike school is not exactly the best... (that comes from an instructor who taught in 5 different schools). It was with CA superbike school that he got black flagged at the track for a bike that sounded like it was going to fall apart

(it was a ducati with dry clutch...) anyways, he didn't think highly of them, but at OUR level of riding, I'm you'd learn TONS!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Might just pay to make a few enquiries to th Australian Superbike School :thumbup: California Superbike School - Home ............They should be able to give a decent heads up on the ways of track racing :D

heads up the CA Superbike school is not exactly the best... (that comes from an instructor who taught in 5 different schools). It was with CA superbike school that he got black flagged at the track for a bike that sounded like it was going to fall apart

(it was a ducati with dry clutch...) anyways, he didn't think highly of them, but at OUR level of riding, I'm you'd learn TONS!

Well i was thinking last night that some decent riding training aimed at riding at the track, would be my next stop in this little adventure, have been riding for 20 years or so now, but am in no way an expert in any way...and am sure i have lots of bad habits, flawed technique, and very little knowledge of judging racing lines, etc.

There are a couple of guys who do training locally that are very good, and i am sure that a couple of trips interstate to PI, where there are a couple of decent schools that operate, will be on the agenda.

Might stop spending money on my road bikes now....which is probably a good idea, as both are rather over invested in!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! All these new track bikes makes me want one even more...

Yes i had been toying with the idea fora while, now i have made the leap of faith, i cant wait to get out on the track, and ride withouty fear of being nabbed for riding beyond speed limits, etc.

:thumbup:

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jamie congrats on your new track bike. I think the Pink is pretty cool:thumbup: :ban::D

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site
holy hell, sweet ride...

it would be awesome to put it on the street and when someone laughs at the color, challenge them to a race!
Then their friends can laugh at them for years about "the time the guy on the pink bike beat your a$$" lol...

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the FIRST time I can EVER say to a DUDE, can't wait to see your pink bits....I agree, keep the colour, I've known the Wolfman about 25 years and BELIEVE me....IT SUITS HIM "VERY" WELL.....Cheesy MoFo that he is....You should see the DuranDuran T-Shirts this guy wears, I bag him CONSTANTLY...But Its all GOOD fun....I'm behind you 100% and will give you a piece of wood to bite....:Flip:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the FIRST time I can EVER say to a DUDE, can't wait to see your pink bits....I agree, keep the colour, I've known the Wolfman about 25 years and BELIEVE me....IT SUITS HIM "VERY" WELL.....Cheesy MoFo that he is....You should see the DuranDuran T-Shirts this guy wears, I bag him CONSTANTLY...But Its all GOOD fun....I'm behind you 100% and will give you a piece of wood to bite....:Flip:

Hahaha! LMFAO!!! :D