I actually let someone borrow my bike!

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I know you will find it hard to believe - from me of all people. We were heading out for a ride on Saturday, me, JJPXX (John), our friends Angee & Rob who were again borrowing John's VFR and another friend wanted to join us but his bike wouldn't start. So, since I was riding on the back of the ZX14 with John and my bike has just been collecting dust for almost 4 weeks now, I offered to let our friend Jon ride the FZ. (Yes, this is the Jon who was leading when I took my fall from the VFR - no hard feelings as it was my own fault). I figured I was minimizing my risk since he would be in my sight all day AND I told him the only stipulation was that he had to keep the front tire ON the pavement at all times. Jon agreed and was thrilled at the opportunity to go for a ride.

So, we headed off with the destination of The Hawks Nest near Port Jervis, NY - down I87 and got off somewhere near Kingston to Rte 209 which eventually connected with Route 55. All was going well until John decided to veer off on Rte 55A to see where it went. It was a nice road along a reservoir but soon came to an end and John decided to turn right at the stop sign. It didn't take long before we realized he should have turned left but all roads lead somewhere right? So, we continued on until the road basically became a one lane road, through the mountains, there were actually campsites on the side of the road. A few good dips and twisties and about a 100 foot drop off the right side of the road with a sign that read "No Guard Rails". We rode by a couple of waterfalls and were just beginning to wonder if the road ever really ended, when we came into a little town that even had a hot dog stand! While we were eating we took out a real paper road map and mapped a new route. With full tummies and the bikes all gassed up we left the town and rode for about another hour before we realized that we again missed a turn so stopped to pull out the map once again LOL. Eventually we did make it to the Hawks Nest near 7:30 pm. It was a great ride and honestly the best part of the ride is when John pulled back and let Rob lead with Jon right behind him on the FZ - it was awesome to see them racing through the twisties and having a great time - I truly felt blessed to have had the opportunity to share my good fortune with someone else. At the days end we clocked over 400 miles.

Jon had a great time running through the Hawks Nest with the FZ which really was the best of the three bikes for handling those curves at a high speed (he said he had it at 92). I did get a brief video and I think it sounded great, I was sooo jealous.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ6-hyy7QL4]YouTube - FZ6 at the Hawks Nest[/ame]

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you! So, it she all fixed up and running great now? I hope YOU are fixed soon! We want to see ya in VT!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:jawdrop: I'm speechless!

But good for you.....after 4 weeks, I'm sure the FZ needed to clear out some of the cobwebs! Hope you're doing better and can get back on it soon yourself!