HVMP bar ends (HEAVY!) review

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I got introduced to HVMP bar ends with my first bike, the Ex500. A lot of people were complaining of the excessive vibration that exists on the grip. I experience that first hand riding a few miles on the highway. A lot of people also recommended getting the HVMP extra heavy bar ends to eliminate that vibration. At 17.2 oz, the extra weight did get rid of the vibration. The price was $54, a little steep, but worth it I think. The bar end also do provide some protections against tip overs.

I traded in my Ex500 for the Fz6. Rode on the highway and the vibration was terrible! I read on the forums and see many people also experience this problem. So my solution was to go back to HVMP. But I was surprise they did not have one for the FZ6, so I emailed them. I was lucky enough to be one of the last beta-tester for their product. It works guys. You can feel the difference. The only downside, it's very expensive, at $72. Their product for the FZ6 is available, but currently not on their website. You have to email them if you want to buy it.

I believe stock is 10 oz, the HVMP I believe is around 17 oz. It's about 1/2 inch longer than stock. I will post pictures soon.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow those are huge, I wonder if they would help sort of like a frame slider if the bike tips over. Do they make them in black? They look well made and that is a pretty hefty weight.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as I know they do not make it in black. A few people from the Ex500 forum have painted them black, I prefer this stainless steel look however. As for the weight, yeah it weighs a ton. But you want that in order to absorb the vibration. I'm not sure of the actual weight but I know this weigh more than the one I had for the Ex500, so it's OVER 17 oz.

The design is also different from the other bike's versions. The other one is a two piece design: bar ends + bolts to secure it. For some reason, the Yamaha handlebar design is different and they have to fabricate a one piece design, which is why it's a little more expensive to fabricate than others.

I'm happy with mine.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!! I'm actually the one who gave them dimensions for FZ6 bar ends a while ago. Have not heard back from them, so I thought these were still in development.
I've been using HVMP bar ends meant for Suzuki bars with custom hardware I put together, but they're not as big/heavy as these new ones.
Very very cool!

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I got introduced to HVMP bar ends with my first bike, the Ex500. A lot of people were complaining of the excessive vibration that exists on the grip. I experience that first hand riding a few miles on the highway. A lot of people also recommended getting the HVMP extra heavy bar ends to eliminate that vibration. At 17.2 oz, the extra weight did get rid of the vibration. The price was $54, a little steep, but worth it I think. The bar end also do provide some protections against tip overs.

I traded in my Ex500 for the Fz6. Rode on the highway and the vibration was terrible! I read on the forums and see many people also experience this problem. So my solution was to go back to HVMP. But I was surprise they did not have one for the FZ6, so I emailed them. I was lucky enough to be one of the last beta-tester for their product. It works guys. You can feel the difference. The only downside, it's very expensive, at $72. Their product for the FZ6 is available, but currently not on their website. You have to email them if you want to buy it.

I believe stock is 10 oz, the HVMP I believe is around 17 oz. It's about 1/2 inch longer than stock. I will post pictures soon.
I went to the web site, and was wondering if they are the 7/8" UNIVERSAL, Extra Heavy weight - 17.9 ounces?

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the web site, and was wondering if they are the 7/8" UNIVERSAL, Extra Heavy weight - 17.9 ounces?

NO, it is NOT the 7/8" Universal. HVMP does not have it listed online right now, (they said it will be on their website sometimes in winter) they told me to let people who's interested know that it IS available, you just have to email them. It's $72 + shipping. Not sure if you can do a group buy or something, but it may be worth a shot.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
NO, it is NOT the 7/8" Universal. HVMP does not have it listed online right now, (they said it will be on their website sometimes in winter) they told me to let people who's interested know that it IS available, you just have to email them. It's $72 + shipping. Not sure if you can do a group buy or something, but it may be worth a shot.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look into getting them.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got official word from HVMP, these babies weight 17.6 oz each. I'm curious, am I the only one with these on the stock handlebars? I would have thought there would have been a few beta testers.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am very interested in these! Would love a pair....a decent set of Bar end's are hard to find, and they look very decent...

I wonder if we could set up a group buy???

If enough people show interest, maybe it's worth a pole on the forum, then if numbers warrant, it would just be a matter of contacting the manufacturer re numbers wanted, and whether they are interested...i reckon we might all get them a bit cheaper that way, and the manufacturer has another viable product to sell, with a Forum full of good feedback...

And i reckon not only are they great bar end weights, i reckon they would make awseome "Bar Sliders"...the length of them is fantastic.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
What about changing handlebars as well ? Will that help with vibrations as well ? Great looking weights though, I would be in for some :)

Although when you are looking at making the bike lighter this goes against it haha :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about changing handlebars as well ? Will that help with vibrations as well ? Great looking weights though, I would be in for some :)

Although when you are looking at making the bike lighter this goes against it haha :)

Steel bar = good anti-vibration. Aluminum = MORE vibration. Most aftermarket bars are alu.

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
i found wearing motocross gloves (mechanix gloves are similar) helps dumb down the buzz.

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
Those bar ends look huge. I heard that if you fill the handlebars with silicone, that helps with vibration, too. Can't say for sure though, because I haven't tried it.

xavier296

Slow in the corners
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed a lot of my bar vibration has diminished as I get more miles. Everything has finally broken in nicely: engine, transmission. I would still be in for a group buy though.