How to Remove the Fairing Stickers

amolwankhede

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

Got 2008 Fz6, New bike. thinking of removing those silver sticker from the front fairing.

Any simple idea how they can be removed without damaging the paint and the plastic?

thanks

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the same bike.... finger nails to remove the sticker and Goo Gone to remove the residue then soap and water to remove the Goo Gone.

W

wrightme43

Aircraft decal remover. It comes in a spray can. It does not harm paint at all. Just spray it on, the decal dissolves and is wiped away. It also removes shoe from chrome pipes.

W

wrightme43

autozone, advance, O'rielly's, napa, its in the autopaint supplies section near the tape, and pinstriping.

Bout 8$ and works great.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heat them with a hair dryer to soften the glue and then peel them off with your finger nails. remove the residue glue with any brush cleaner.

Steve

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Leave it on the sun for an hour and then gently peal them off. This time of year it will probably come off in one piece.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Fairing Stickers // 3 years old, do they come off

Old thread, I know. . . Who has done this on three year old cooked on stickers?

I peeled the tank sticker and swing arm stickers off using a razor blade. If done at the right angle, no damage to anything. The tank sticker came off in chunks and I'd hate to fight the whole fairing being little fragments.

The other two came off nicely and were moved to under the seat to keep as reference.

The weather is hot right now so this a great time to peel.

Thanks in advance!

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site

Warm it up, and then peel off what you can. Clean it up with adhesive remover and you're good. Took me an hour or so to do all of them, but I also removed the Yamaha emblems on the side of the tank, which sucked!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Who has done this on three year old cooked on stickers?

..... . . . . The tank sticker came off in chunks and I'd hate to fight the whole fairing being little fragments.

The weather is hot right now so this a great time to peel.

Thanks in advance!

Warm it up, and then peel off what you can. Clean it up with adhesive remover and you're good. Took me an hour or so to do all of them, but I also removed the Yamaha emblems on the side of the tank, which sucked!

Uhm - I think you missed the point. . .

Anyone peel off 4 year old fairing stickers?
Thanks!

Jumpingjerry

Reaction score
Visit site
I just pealed off the stickers on my 2007. What a pain! The back stickers by the seat came off with no problem and no residue. The ones on the front fairings is a different story. The sticker itself came off easy, but all the glue was left behind. Between my fingernails and goo gone I got it done.