How to on removing rear wheel??

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a search and couldn't find any threads on this. I've just picked up a screw in my rear tire that's gone all the way through. I know the bike shops won't repair tires. I've had pretty bad luck with stock tires. My first FZ picked up a nail with only 1200 miles, and now my second FZ picked up a screw with only 2400 miles.

Cycle Gear will install the new tire for $20.00 but I have to take the wheel off of the bike. I've never done this on a newer bike or one with a rear disc brake. Can anyone give me (or direct me to a place) to let me know what I have to do to remove and replace the rear tire.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
There are instructions for removing both tires in the service manual:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/320-2004-through-2007-manuals-download-here.html

It's pretty simple though. Take off the caliper, loosen the chain and take it off the sprocket, remove the axle (wrench is in your tool bag) and it's drop right off. Easy peasy.

Good luck.

Thanks for the link, but how do you download the manual? I just see a bunch of crap advertising stuff when I open the link.

I took the rear wheel off and it's really simple. All you have to do is remove the nut on the sprocket side of the bike and tap out the axle. Then slide the wheel forward to remove the chain from the sprocket, then roll the wheel out. It is important to move the disc brake assy out of the way before rolling the wheel out from under the bike (which I didn't do) because when the caliper contacted the rim it scraped off some paint.