How To Make Your Own Exhaust Slip Ons

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job, I like the lights, sounds great. How does it compare to the other types of after market slip on cans? I have only heard in person scorpions on a r1. I haven't heard any other type yet. I bet it sounds better in person than it does in the video.

GREAT JOB!!!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Nice job, I like the lights, sounds great. How does it compare to the other types of after market slip on cans? I have only heard in person scorpions on a r1. I haven't heard any other type yet. I bet it sounds better in person than it does in the video.

GREAT JOB!!!

It sounds very similar to the 2 Bros, not surprising considering I used them as inspiration, however, I used 1 3/4" for the baffles, which i believe is about a 1/4" smaller than 2 bros, so they are quieter.

Also when you see the y-pipe you will see that I used a U-Mandrel to split the pipe instead of scavenging off of the main pipe, we welded a wedge inside the back of the U to split the exhaust off evenly so both pipes get equal flow.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
thats a top job! the posts and step by step are very clear, thats very commendable it sure helps all those members who are handy to try it themselves. looks great and sounds nice too:thumbup::thumbup:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
...:welcome:...

Very cool :thumbup: Start a new thread and introduce yourself, please include pictures of the bike with the new exhaust and get in touch with Vindesign (also in India) via the forum, he is interested in doing the same thing on his FZ16. Now that you have done it I'm sure you will have all kinds of great advice for him :D

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome job man!! nice one :rockon:

Those are the best sounding cans ive heard i a long time!! Im not one for the scream you normally get from an In-line-4, I like DEEP rumbles, and those sound frickin awesome!!

I particularly like the castings, I made pipes before, but never considered casting ally end caps :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now, how to etch an "E Certified" number into them.........??!? :D

ORBGO

Reaction score
Visit site
Those pipes are sicc. I would love a set myself. If you ever take orders put me down.