How To: Install Uni Vista Cruise to FZ6

Thbrtmn

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info...I am actually looking to get some sort of cruise device myself. Debating on the throttlemeister but not convinced yet. I really like how this one is on the radial side of the wrist and not the anterrior. My hands start going numb about a 20-30 min into a ride on the freeway. I find myself accellerating a bit, making sure car distance behind me is great, and then squeezing the clutch and letting my right hand rest for about 3-5 seconds. Something like this would do the trick just for those short instances where I need a quick break.
Thanks

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Just saw the video.Holy Mackerel he's going 83 mph in a residential neighborhood. Soon could see by the video you were not.

Duh, it's Km. Good job.

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
Cross posting from another thread....I installed the vista cruise ( thanks for the excellent step by step BTW). I'm having issues with the grip "slipping" inside the collar at highway speeds from vibration. Speed drops off at about 1mph every 2 seconds. I've tightened the allen screws significantly and tried the second rubber and can't get it to stop. Acts as though the nobbies on the grips don't have enough contact surface with the cruise collar. Anyone got any suggestions?

uglyguitar

Reaction score
Visit site
tolgatt, thanks for the great guide! When I got the vista cruise in the mail, I had no clue how to install it, but your step by step was perfect. Now I'm just waiting for the wind to die down so I can road test it. For those wondering, I wear a XL glove size, and I didn't notice too much of the grip being taken up by the vista cruise.

tt2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great work very helpful
Tried it myself but it doesn't hold, could it be vibration
Will work but I must tighten spring screw too much to
give easy movement of throttle. any ideas?
[email protected]

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I have used thes on previous bikes. When I got the FZ I went the Throttlemiester route. I like how these work much better and they are less expensive to boot. (The TM does look better though.) Thanks for the step by step.

djstrong

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I installed the NEP CC-3 Cruise control.

It was a little challenging to find a place to mount it on the FZ6. I needed to make a small bracket and tie wrap the cruise to it.

The lever is in a low position, which is not "normal", and not ideal, but I have gotten used to locking it. Releasing is very easy in this position.

I did not want to loose grip space like the vista cruise, so I went with NEP.

After using for more than 1000 miles, it works good for me along with the crampbuster. It is nice to have them both so I can move my hand arround.

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to get a Vista cruise in the UK. Or of any suppliers in the US who might send this is a "gift" rather than me having to pay the 17.5% tax as well as import duty :(