How to Install No-Cut Shogun Frame Sliders

element192

Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone run into any problems with the install? I'm getting ready to put mine on but reading another post on the forum regarding the T-Rex sliders stripping the engine mounts I'm a little paranoid!
The installation instructions say that the bolts are only 80mm long while other threads say they should be around 100mm. Is this just a variance between brands? I just want to make sure these go on correctly and I don't mess anything up!

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
they were cake to go on. You can download the instructions off the web. not to jack this thread but does anyone know why the shoguns are two different sizes for the FZ6 as opposed to the motivation sliders?

just wondering...............

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I posted similar query few days ago but little responses received??
I just purchased 750-6319 No Cut Yamaha Frame Sliders and installed them on my bike. i have used correct torque to tighten the bolts however even though bolts seem to be tight, when i grab each slider by hand and try to turn it, they do turn slowly? They are not spinning just turning if turned by hand. Is this normal? I noticed that sliders also do not fit snugly to the frame due to frame sloping up a bit so only one side of the circumference is touching the frame while other is away from it? can this be the cause of sliders turning? Where do i fit the washer that was supplied? between the bolt head and slider or between the slider and the frame? Similarly to how the original bolts were fitted? Any advic:welcome:e is welcome

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about installing sliders, so this was a big help. I drank beer whilst I was thinking about the sliders. I think I'll be thinking more about it tomorrow...and the next day....and the next day.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I just purchased 750-6319 No Cut Yamaha Frame Sliders and installed them on my bike. i have used correct torque to tighten the bolts however even though bolts seem to be tight, when i grab each slider by hand and try to turn it, they do turn slowly? They are not spinning just turning if turned by hand. Is this normal? I noticed that sliders also do not fit snugly to the frame due to frame sloping up a bit so only one side of the circumference is touching the frame while other is away from it? can this be the cause of sliders turning? Where do i fit the washer that was supplied? between the bolt head and slider or between the slider and the frame? Similarly to how the original bolts were fitted? Any advic:welcome:e is welcome

After i read this post i went out and saw that i could spin mine as well. They are torqued down to spec however.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about installing sliders, so this was a big help. I drank beer whilst I was thinking about the sliders. I think I'll be thinking more about it tomorrow...and the next day....and the next day.
Don't think about it too many days, those "drops" have a way of sneaking up on you!

My Shoguns can turn too, I'm sure there's a metal bushing/tube internal to the nylon slider, it's tight while the nylon block can turn on it easily.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
After i read this post i went out and saw that i could spin mine as well. They are torqued down to spec however.

And i also went and used blue loctite on them today because i didnt have any when i installed the sliders originally. If they still spin after tomorrow so be it. It might just be the design flaw of the product.

PcH

FZ6 n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but how did you guys remove the engine bolts? I have a hex wrench with a little handle bar and it's definitely not enough torque.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
If you can't get enough torque, you can try to hit the bolt with some "PB Blaster" to loosen it up. Also, I used a ratchet with the hex end (so longer handle) to do mine. Putting a small pipe over your hex wrench will help extend the handle and give better torque, but I'd definitely hit it with PB first...you don't want to break anything if it's slightly siezed in there (seeing you have a 2005).

PcH

FZ6 n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can't get enough torque, you can try to hit the bolt with some "PB Blaster" to loosen it up. Also, I used a ratchet with the hex end (so longer handle) to do mine. Putting a small pipe over your hex wrench will help extend the handle and give better torque, but I'd definitely hit it with PB first...you don't want to break anything if it's slightly siezed in there (seeing you have a 2005).

Thanks. I'm just going to purchase a torque wrench.

PcH

FZ6 n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, so I'd like to outline the EXACT tools for installing these Shogun frame sliders.

1. Torque wrench (I bought 3/8" Craftsman from Sears)
2. Extension bar (I bought a 6" 3/8)
3. 8mm (3/8") hex socket

The 6" extension really helped me get good leverage on removing the stock engine bolts. I couldn't imagine getting much torque without some sort of extension bar.

liquidwater55

Reaction score
Visit site

Hay.
I might have your some answer to some questions, one I just got my sliders “shogun” and first thing I did is look up how to install them and found this page got to say thanks for the ups on the snaks!(3,6,8). Without them I think I would not have figured it out.
I installed the washer between the frame and the slider and it made it separate the slider from the frame and when I tried to turn it with my hand it didn’t turn, so I tried it differently on the other side the washer between the slider and the bolt, and it did just that, it turned so I went back and put the washer between the frame and slider and behold it didn’t turn. More important than if it turns or not is that it gives a bit of space between your frame and the slider and it’s laved.
Try it and see if it makes a difference.
Pit fall no instructions on packaged, good if you have an idea it goes on easy.
Late be safe!