How old are you?

How old are you?

• Total voters

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I thought maybe I could find risers,but no luck. I have been riding cruisers for about 4 years, and never been on a sports bike. This fz6 is the first one I tried and like it a lot, there doesnt seem to be anything else like it that I can find.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just wandering if you had to replace any of your wiring .

All the wiring, cables, etc will reach.

The only thing that's tight is the front hydralic brake line. I had to remove the lower triple clamp holder for the line (it isn't going anywhere) and I think (it's been a couple of years) I slightly re-clocked where the line attaches to the master cylinder. If you just crack it loose, move the cable slightly and re-tighten, you don't need to re-bleed the system. Didn't have to un-plug, re-route anything, just get a helper to hold things (or support the bars from the ceiling of the garage).

When I put the SS brake liner on, I ordered them a little longer (as you can see in the picture). :thumbup:

BTW, I did try just the 1" up riser and it still put too much weight on my arms, wrist. The current one made a considerable difference and is very comfy...

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my2008 fz6 today, rode it 27 miles to the house and had no wrist problems. Its cold here but I think I will still ride it to work which is 27 miles.

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
61 in April. Old enough to know better, too young to resist. Can't fold up like I used to. I turned my '96 zx7r into a ZZR by putting a Spiegler kit on it and lowering the pegs. That and the decals, of course. Sort of like Goldielocks, the ZZR 600 was to small and the ZZR 1200 to large. So I made a ZZR 750 and it was just right.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't find the immature option so had to put down my real range.
Aged 42 riding since 15 FZ6 also my favourite bike to date.

Neil

PS Kudos to the older girls and guys for showing us all the way.:thumbup:

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Turned 42 on 31st December, been riding 6 months and my FZ6s is my first bike of any kind, kind of a learning circle to start with but better now.

There are more years behind me than there are in front, gonna make the most of them :)

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I turn 41 on Christmas. I've been riding since im 6 yo. I rode on and off here and there bu officially been bike owner for almost 3 years now with a solid 38K miles on the 6R.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 58.....and I've been riding since 1971. During that time I've owned 58 bikes.....just about everything from oil belching 60's Brit Iron to Beemers!

I sometimes wonder how I got out of the 70's in one piece! :confused:

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll hit the big 4-0 this year. My body says...yes, you really are that old, but my mind says...no your not! :Flash: I am told quite often that I don't look (or act) my age.:bow: