How old are you?

How old are you?

• Total voters

kreed0501

Reaction score
Visit site
47 and heading to Dallas on Monday to pick my first bike ever! 2008 FZ6...thanks to you guys and all the info you provide, it looks like I can't lose with this bike as far as commuting and weekend fun and reliability! Can't wait!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You got me beat Jerry. 56 just last week. OUCH! Now I can move into a retirement center with my parents. LOL not yet. Still going strong. You are as old as you feel or your brain tells you. Sometimes I am 15. Other times 70!
15 today however. :rockon:

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I am with 2007.... I am 59 1/2 and loving my FZ6S2.... as this is an American site I can say that I saw 113 mph last Friday... of course you know that speedo's are inaccurate but I had the time and the confidence to look down and check!

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks OPO;young whipper snapper. :Flip: I'm 366 yrs old. (52 in human years :rockon: )

BB.jpg

Ayo4YehO

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 26, and this is my first bike. I've wanted a bike ever since I was 18 but I'm very glad I held off until now. I finally feel I'm mature enough to own and safely ride a bike. Fairly certain that the 20-24 year old 'me' would have gotten into too much trouble on this bundle of fun!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 54, had my FZ about 4 years, about 200,000 miles seat time on various bikes since the age of 15 (from Goldwings, FJR, duals, HD's, etc).

This bike is by far my favorite. Handles great, super low maintainance, extremly dependable, sounds great with OPEN Scorps. Runs great (sounds like a liter bike) winding it up without having to get into triple digits either..

I've sold all the other bikes, this is the only one I own and plan on keeping indefinitly.

With the mods I've done, (to fit my needs), its my play bike and work horse as well...

Last edited:

gpearce52

Reaction score
Visit site
61. Had not ridden in 40 years, until I went to my buddy's 60th birthday party in southern France in July. Went on five rides in the Pyrenees with him and bought my 2004 FZ6 with 850 miles when returned home in August. Haven't looked back and having a great time.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
38 here
My FZ6 was my very first bike, I got it as my birthday gift when I turned 36 and I plan on riding it got many more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joemart

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 47 years young and have been riding since I was 18. My 2007 Red FZ6 is about my 16th bike. Currently living in Singapore I ride to work every day and tour in Malaysia at the weekends. Last year my wife and I rode from Singapore to Phuket and back (about 3,200 km). Hoping to go there again for Bike Week in April 2013.

Airplnmech

Reaction score
Visit site
36 for me. Always wanted a "sporty" bike. Figured I would get one while I was still young. Turns out the FZ was a lot better than all of the cruisers I have owned over the years. Who would have thunk it?:

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 52 the wife is 51. The FZ6 is the wifes bike but since I commute on my bikes, I change'm up from time to time, so I put more miles on the FZ6 then the wife does. I also have an FZ1, Road Star, RMZ450, and my daughters Vespa 150. So, 5 bikes in the garage at the moment and I enjoy riding all of them, even the Vespa.

I've been riding since I was 8-10 years old. I learned on my older brothers 1967 Yamaha 100cc twin street bike. Got my own bike when I was 12, which was a Honda XL250 and it was probably my favorite from back then and it was the last one that I sold before my bike Hiatus. I have owned several Honda CB350's and a CB360. Back in the 70's early 80's, a 350cc was a decent "mid" sized bike and it was the biggest that I owned back then. Several years of hiatus, then I got back into bikes on a Honda Shadow 750, now I'm lovin the street standards like the FZ's.

1967+YL1+SC.jpg

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 52 the wife is 51. The FZ6 is the wifes bike but since I commute on my bikes, I change'm up from time to time, so I put more miles on the FZ6 then the wife does. I also have an FZ1, Road Star, RMZ450, and my daughters Vespa 150. So, 5 bikes in the garage at the moment and I enjoy riding all of them, even the Vespa.

I've been riding since I was 8-10 years old. I learned on my older brothers 1967 Yamaha 100cc twin street bike. Got my own bike when I was 12, which was a Honda XL250 and it was probably my favorite from back then and it was the last one that I sold before my bike Hiatus. I have owned several Honda CB350's and a CB360. Back in the 70's early 80's, a 350cc was a decent "mid" sized bike and it was the biggest that I owned back then. Several years of hiatus, then I got back into bikes on a Honda Shadow 750, now I'm lovin the street standards like the FZ's.

1967+YL1+SC.jpg

The beginnings of an RD 350!!! 1975 RD 350, my first street bike!! Pretty friggin quick for its day!

D

Dave.TX

43 and folks act surprised when I tell 'em, they think I'm in my 30's. No drugs or tobacco and very little alcohol. I'm also beyond the point where I have anything to prove which makes life so much easier.

Bloodpumper68

Reaction score
Visit site
Age 54. Started on an HD Aermacchi mid '70s. Lots of bikes in between that and the FZ6. Also currently own a 2005 HD Road King Custom. We call that the Chrysler Mini Van of motorcycles: Slow, not very pretty, questionable quality, but lots of room and comfortable to stay on all day. Wife will not ride the FZ6.

My muscles are smaller, more fat, worse eyesight, slower reactions. However that is an argument to have the lighter, easier to handle, quicker stopping Yamaha. Comparing the two bikes that I currently own I feel safer, more confident on the FZ6.

We're thinking about keeping both machines another year and then selling them for a Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha tourer. But it is really nice to have a sporty bike all to myself.

Then, someday, we'll be on a trike...