How much should a basic webdesign cost?

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Folks , ive been doing amateur webdesign for couple of years now,,,just to my buddies,coworkers etc...very simple,basic HTML with some graphic design and simple flash animations\banners .....
i have never charged for any of the websites except the last one which was for my buddy's son,,,i just told him to give me $100,a symbolic number....

i just have been asked to design another website which will probably include 30 html pages,,no asp or databases needed,,,just to make it look fancy maybe some little flash banners ,,,couple of thumbnail photo pages etc...
this website will be paid by a karting club which my buddy is a member,,he asked me to give them a quote for a website like this....how much do you guys think a website like that should be charged? i have no clue!!

anyone out there who is familiar with the prices would be a great help,,,at least give me some idea ...

one more thing,,i also have to update this website twice a month,,,add some bulletins,new pictures and news section....how much should i charge monthly for that??
if i cant get any answers,i probably should have to call a local webdesign company and get a quote myself :D
thanks in advance fellas