how much louder is two brothers exhaust?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone is sooo concerned about how loud they will be, then why bother, save your money and stick with the stock exhaust.

The stock exhaust shroud was the most disappointing part of the bike. A plastic cover painted to look metallic? C'mon Yamaha. It was more about having a quality looking (vain as hell, I know) part on the bike for me.

I set off the car alarms whenever I ride in a parking lot.

I can testify to this. Vegas made us look like a bunch of rice rocket hooligans when we pulled into Idyllwild :eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Who cares really , JUST PLAY THEM LOUD OK :BLAA: LOUD PIPES save lives , simple as that :thumbup:

If you concerned about the neighbours then surely you can idle out of the street cant you , do you really have to flog the thing everywhere you go ??

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently went on a ride with smokenu and Motogiro. Both have TB exhausts. somkenu does not had any db killers of any sort and his pipes are loud as fook. When both of them were in front of me, the noise was insane, but pretty damn cool!

TB's are hands down the loudest I've heard. Remus comes in second, as Vegasrider's bike demonstrated on the last ride we went on. I have Scorps and they scream when you hit 7 K rpm.

My TB's are crazy loud but in a good way! I too keep it in idle when leaving my neighborhood..I can say that the have helped me get out of some tight spots when them cages are not paying attention to me,a little rev of the throttle and it's like I'm parting the sea.
I love them! Loud is good...what ever happen to the saying " if it's to loud,your to old"

Mod your ride and ride your ride..

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i just bought the two brothers exhaust for mine, do the polished cans get hot or is there a heat shield around them to keep you from getting burned on them? the reason i ask is i may do a cf wrap on them but want to see if they get too hot so it would not melt the dinoc wrap

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The right pipe gets hotter than the left pipe because of the 'Y' pipe. I had the aluminum cans and although they get hot they don't get too hot for the standard OEM heat shielding. Changing the packing every year is supposed to also help with heat. Still you don't want to touch them right after you've been on a ride and they cool off quickly as with most exhausts.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, i just ordered the p1x tips for them so not to piss off the neighbors too bad once the snow clears up.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, i just ordered the p1x tips for them so not to piss off the neighbors too bad once the snow clears up.

I have the P1X tips on the SV1000s they really cut back the db's. I have the older P1's and they are loud! You'll love the TBR's. Keep them clean underneath so they don't pit on you. Take your time with the re-wiring of the directionals, in fact, I would try to keep the stock fender and directionals if you can swing it. The replacement directionals they give you with the fender eliminator are less than desirable anyway. After 2 years my TBRs on the FZ6 were starting to get pit marks underneath from be peppered with debri from a hot sticky tire.
Take your time doing the job. Leave things loose and movable for better alignment. Some use extra stainless washers for spacing the hanger brackets.
You should be able to search out a few installs on the forum. You're gonna love em!!!:BLAA:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the P1X tips on the SV1000s they really cut back the db's. I have the older P1's and they are loud! You'll love the TBR's. Keep them clean underneath so they don't pit on you. Take your time with the re-wiring of the directionals, in fact, I would try to keep the stock fender and directionals if you can swing it. The replacement directionals they give you with the fender eliminator are less than desirable anyway. After 2 years my TBRs on the FZ6 were starting to get pit marks underneath from be peppered with debri from a hot sticky tire.
Take your time doing the job. Leave things loose and movable for better alignment. Some use extra stainless washers for spacing the hanger brackets.
You should be able to search out a few installs on the forum. You're gonna love em!!!:BLAA:

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it. I had to literally shovel through 4 feet of snow to get to the bike in the building to look at it the other day lol. It will be a while before I get to install and test out the exhaust :(

Knabel

Reaction score
Visit site
I have ridden the TB exhaust for 2 years now, and my neighbor has TB on his R6.

At idle / low RPM, you will hear a low rumble just loud enough rumble through the house. We live in an apt where my bedroom is 30-40 feet (10 meters) from the drive. I can hear his R6 when he rides by, but if he goes by it's no big deal. I think the key is try to be respectful. Yes it's loud, but you can be cool about it...like he and I are.

Don't idle for long periods when people are likely to be sleeping.
Don't rev or ride at high RPM near the house.

Basically, just use common sense and go for it.
Sound is breathtakingly beautiful.

As for the tips...
Last summer I took mine out. They reduce sound by a hardly noticeable amount.
Per HowStuffWorks "What is a decibel and how is it measured?", the sound reduction is less than the difference between silence and a whisper...not much.
I have the blue ones on a blue 2009, and it looks sharp.
Although...the big hole looks sexy too. Personal preference.

As for being deaf...when riding on the interstate, the wind noise is so loud in HJC helmet, I can hardly hear the TB.
Would think expect hearing damage from that before the exhaust.
Riding around town, they are loud, but no obnoxious...below 5k. Get up around 10k and you have everyone's attention.