How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm I wonder if Dealers do vehicle trades for bikes? anyone do this? I have a 98 Tacoma V6 4x4, 149,000 miles... its about $6500 Kelly Blue Book and $6800 Edmunds.

thoughts?

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
New 07 (red) bought Dec. 19 2007 for $6255 out the door. (tax and tag included) It has 700 miles on it now and I couldn't be happier, its also my first bike.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just bought my 2008 pick it up on tuesday for 6200 plus tax. helps when ur dad used to be a dealer and still has friends:rockon:

ash1e

Reaction score
Visit site
Reading on this forum, I had set expectations of paying around 6800 for the 2008 FZ6. I spoke to 5-6 dealers here in Northern Virginia and visited 3 of them.
The best price I am getting is 7110 OTD. Infact, the dealer I visited today was asking for 7335 for the blue one and 7110 for black, just coz he had more black in stock.
Is that a good price? Any advice?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reading on this forum, I had set expectations of paying around 6800 for the 2008 FZ6. I spoke to 5-6 dealers here in Northern Virginia and visited 3 of them.
The best price I am getting is 7110 OTD. Infact, the dealer I visited today was asking for 7335 for the blue one and 7110 for black, just coz he had more black in stock.
Is that a good price? Any advice?

After viewing this thread, you should be finding a dealer outside your area because that is TOO much to pay. Many of us got '08 models for less than MSRP OTD. I paid $6418 OTD for mine. Somewhere here I've even posted the invoice for others to take to deal with. :thumbup:
Keep shopping!

ash1e

Reaction score
Visit site
After viewing this thread, you should be finding a dealer outside your area because that is TOO much to pay. Many of us got '08 models for less than MSRP OTD. I paid $6418 OTD for mine. Somewhere here I've even posted the invoice for others to take to deal with. :thumbup:
Keep shopping!

Yeah, I took a copy of your invoice to 2 dealers. First one said that the price does not include sales tax, DMV title fees, etc., plus that Yamaha was offering a special rebate in Feb. and March.
Second one said that NH is a different market, so he can not quote a price based on that.
I wish I could just pick it from your dealer, but that would be almost 600 miles away.
I will expand my search and see what neighboring states can offer. Thanks for your response.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I took a copy of your invoice to 2 dealers. First one said that the price does not include sales tax, DMV title fees, etc., plus that Yamaha was offering a special rebate in Feb. and March.
Second one said that NH is a different market, so he can not quote a price based on that.
I wish I could just pick it from your dealer, but that would be almost 600 miles away.
I will expand my search and see what neighboring states can offer. Thanks for your response.

Well, $600 - $700 will buy you a lot of gas to drive up and get one! You can stay here for free while the deal is sealed. :thumbup:

cpitchfo

Reaction score
Visit site
58XX out the door with tax (9 %), title, license and doc fees...plus a 200 dollar gift card. Got the bike a month ago and its an 07. Love it

Chopstick

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up a new '07 FZ6 (The faster color, blue). I live in Northern NJ and they're looking for charge me 7000 out the door.

Does that sound decent to you guys? Also, insurance would be 1300 at full coverage/year with Progressive. Is Rider Insurance any cheaper in NJ?

It's from Stumpy's Yamaha in Neptune, NJ

Last edited:

TRAILERTRASH

Reaction score
Visit site
6600 OTD for an '07 with 4 miles on it leftover from last year. Just took delivery and my first MSF class is tomorrow:rockon::Sport:
Bike was purchased In Gettysburg, PA From Rider's Edge

Last edited:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up a new '07 FZ6 (The faster color, blue). I live in Northern NJ and they're looking for charge me 7000 out the door.

Does that sound decent to you guys? Also, insurance would be 1300 at full coverage/year with Progressive. Is Rider Insurance any cheaper in NJ?

It's from Stumpy's Yamaha in Neptune, NJ

I used to have Riders, good service and turnaround, they need payment in full for policies under $300. I am going to buy an '07 thursday friday or saturday, and since they wanna get rid of last years models im gonna start negotiating at $5800 OTD. I'll post what I end up paying.

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought mine at Pioneer Motorsports, Chaffee, NY.
OTD: 6599

exported in to Canada
GST
PST
RIV
Registration
Total: 1170

Grand total: 7769.00

More expenses:
Insurance: 1011
Gear for 2 riders: 1150 (helmets, jackets, gloves)
M2 courses for 2 riders: 900