How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200

ash1e

Reaction score
Visit site
After viewing this thread, you should be finding a dealer outside your area because that is TOO much to pay. Many of us got '08 models for less than MSRP OTD. I paid $6418 OTD for mine. Somewhere here I've even posted the invoice for others to take to deal with. :thumbup:
Keep shopping!

So, I followed your advice, and looked beyond the 20 mile radius. I found Martinsburg Motorsports in Martinsburg, West Virginia. They quoted $6400 for the bike and $49 for doc. fee. I drove 50 miles and picked up a Black 2008 FZ6 this morning. :)
More details to follow.

Thanks to you all for helping out.
~Ash

Chopstick

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are lucky to not be living near NYC. I've been calling around in a 100 mile radius and no one is budging for less than 7000 OTD for an '07 FZ6.

I'm going to bring in FZ6inNH's invoice on Saturday to the dealership and see what that can get me.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I followed your advice, and looked beyond the 20 mile radius. I found Martinsburg Motorsports in Martinsburg, West Virginia. They quoted $6400 for the bike and $49 for doc. fee. I drove 50 miles and picked up a Black 2008 FZ6 this morning. :)
More details to follow.

Thanks to you all for helping out.
~Ash

Excellent! Glad you were able to secure a good deal and not get raked over the coals! Good work!! Persistence pays off! :rockon:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are lucky to not be living near NYC. I've been calling around in a 100 mile radius and no one is budging for less than 7000 OTD for an '07 FZ6.

I'm going to bring in FZ6inNH's invoice on Saturday to the dealership and see what that can get me.

Good luck! They should be willing to deal unless the demand there for an FZ6 is higher than the supply! If not, it may be worth traveling more miles to get the better deal.

Think about this too... You could potentially buy one a ridable distance away and take a bus to the place to pick it up and drive it home. Still pretty cheap! :D

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
$6675 + $300 for Delaware dmv tax/tags. After reading some of the previous posts I'm pretty happy w/ my deal...

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Chopstick, don't go for that bull! That is a lot of money for an '07! Even for an '08. You can easily get an '08 for around $6600 OTD...shop around and go to NJ if needed.

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
$3800 for an 05 dark blue with 3000 miles.:rockon: Not a scratch on it. I swooped in and bought it before another guy could get the money(I believe he posted on here a few days ago)

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my '07 Blue FZ6 yesterday. LOVE IT!!!!

Here's the invoice for someone who needs help negotiating.

Picture and PDF(yellow)

Tax is $420

Bike is NEW 0.0 miles!!

Last edited:

magnum

Reaction score
Visit site
6250 back in May of 2004. I bought it in Anchorage, AK. It ended up being the last one in the state. not that there were very many sent to Alaska.

Chopstick

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my '07 Blue FZ6 yesterday. LOVE IT!!!!

Here's the invoice for someone who needs help negotiating.

Picture and PDF(yellow)

Tax is $420

Bike is NEW 0.0 miles!!

I saw that you bought it in PA, did you have to pay PA sales tax and NJ sales tax as well?

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that you bought it in PA, did you have to pay PA sales tax and NJ sales tax as well?

Nah since I live in NJ I don't pay at the dealer, I have to pay the tax when i Title the bike, If you buy out of state and you are charged sales tax you have to make up the difference or you are refunded the difference when u Title the bike. PA and NJ cannot charge you twice for sales tax.

Chopstick

Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I figured, but just wanted to make sure.

I'm debating driving down into South Jersey/PA to pick up a bike. Most of the guys are quoting me at 6.8-7k OTD for a bike where as it looks like you're getting 6.4 OTD.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm debating driving down into South Jersey/PA to pick up a bike. Most of the guys are quoting me at 6.8-7k OTD for a bike where as it looks like you're getting 6.4 OTD.

Well i hope that the invoice helps out, not saying you will get the same price. By the way the dealer cost according to Kelly Blue Book is $5600 to $5800.. The dealer told me he gave me the bike for a couple hundred over invoice so I know he was being honest. Hope it works out as good as I got it to work out.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site

Just a side note...if you happen to come to south Jersey avoid Deptford Honda Yamaha, Brian in sales is the biggest dope ever.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I got lucky and found a "used" '07 in June of '07 with 260 miles on it. The former owner didn't think it had enough power for him and he sold it back to the shop. I bought it three weeks after its original registration and got out the door for $6,300 at a time when the best I could do new was $7,000. $700 discount for 260 miles? Heck yeah!! :rockon:

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
it appears i got into the heat of the moment yet again...as i seem to have a problem with handling money...slightly under 8k otd with a $300 helmet and $200 jacket. however there was someone waiting, literally waiting, for me to choke. haha jokes on him he ended up buying the slower cobalt blue ;) and i got the much more stealth (by stealth i mean friggin smokin fast bye bye cobalt blue fz6 haha j/k)...anyhow yeah demand is mega high around here for new bikes due to soaring fuel costs, so whatever i will have made the extra money i spent on the bike/gear through savings on gas in no time...but either way i feel like i spent too much, but i have just absolutely fallen in love with my fz6, which is something no amount of money cannot buy. the peace of mind that comes with a bike that has 0.00000 miles on it is like nothing i have ever experienced. at 23 years old, this is by far the BEST money i can ever imagine spending. i am certain that i have ruined all future major purchases! haha! i love this doggone thing! too bad it is in pieces right now due to my modding it! pics to follow soon! i LOVE this forum!