how many riders don't have a license or...

whats in your wallet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle Safety Foundation - They do m/c training. Can't quite work out if they have compulsory training or not in the US.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation

I think it's different for different states. Here in California the training is required for your license if you're under 18. Over 18 it's optional but you get to waive a riding test at the department of motor vehicles when you go to get your license.

H

HavBlue

I think it's different for different states. Here in California the training is required for your license if you're under 18. Over 18 it's optional but you get to waive a riding test at the department of motor vehicles when you go to get your license.

Yeah and what a pain that skills test is. I was dumb enough to let my license laps (missed getting it renewed) and not only did I have to take the written, I had to take the motorcycle written and skills test to get a new license. I had never taken the skills test because it wasn't there when I had originally got my license 4 decades before. I know from other's experience the California skills test has eaten many a rider and bike. I took the skills test in Fontana during the Santa Ana winds and the guy giving the test thought I was nuts (35-40mph winds) but I passed no problem. The guy asked how long I had been riding and when I said 36 years he about chit. He thought I hadn't had a license in 36 years and I had to tell him about my brain fart in not getting the license renewed on time. If you're new to riding in California I would highly recommend taking the MSF class and getting the waver. It will make things much easier.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have insurance, but don;t have the card with me at all times, not required in NH so the less i can keep in my wallet the better.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my motorcycle liscense the same day i took my test for the regular one. On a side note a guy that i work with has been riding for 35 plus years and he said he didnt have a liscense until a few months ago. I asked him why he didnt have one and he said he never need one until that cop stopped him for speeding.:Sport:

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
fine I'll fess up, I've been riding on the streets for 3. almost 3 and half years without my license... Too much bull crap to go get it so I've been putting it off and never got around to it. I guess I should do it sometime soon, I got full coverage on the bike and I am really responsible when riding, hence why I haven't been pulled over yet. Oh and I ride everywhere, like at least 5K a year and no probs so far...

Victis

Reaction score
Visit site
Iam not exactly sure what you mean by a permit ... But I have a learners license plus insurance... The learners says that Iam allowed to ride only during the day, Take no passengers, cannot exceed 80km/hr and have to have someone with a full Bike license as a supervisor every time i ride.... I ride as if I had a full license....

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
fine I'll fess up, I've been riding on the streets for 3. almost 3 and half years without my license... Too much bull crap to go get it so I've been putting it off and never got around to it. I guess I should do it sometime soon, I got full coverage on the bike and I am really responsible when riding, hence why I haven't been pulled over yet. Oh and I ride everywhere, like at least 5K a year and no probs so far...

Remember, everything is fine until something goes wrong, i'm not sure about this but if need need your insurance one day, hopefully not, but the may deny coverage if they find out you don't have a license. Better check.:(

With that said, I have everything, why add more fines if you get pulled over.

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok my turn... uhhh insurance, registration, inspection... no license (yet). Its such a pain here to get one (take a day off work, vacation, trailer the bike to the DMV, wait 3-4 hrs, written test and test drive around the parking lot). I need to take some time off and get it. Ive actually been through a road block (sweating) and the cop said nothing, I guess just checking plates and for drunks).
My goal this month is to get it before I get a fat ticket or ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.