How fast have you ever driven fz6?

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
Regardless of the true speed, getting the FZ6 to it's top speed and holding it there is a rush.

(all characters portrayed in in this dramatization where played by trained professionals on a closed course) :)

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
The trouble with speed and loud pipes,is the police don't need to actually see how fast you're going,the noise just gives them plenty of time to sit there and train their radar gun on you from a mile away as you scream towards them.........

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I hit the 140 mark this morning on a deserted stretch of Hwy XX between Somewhere and XXX State Park. I don't know what came over me..empty, straight, flat road with a slight rise in the distance so I could see approaching cars (if any) and before I knew it I had it wide open and I was tucked down on the tank. I think that my nerves gave up before the bike did though, I started seeing visions of confiscated property and jail time. :spank:
But what a rush! :BLAA:
I'm glad I have you guys and this forum to share this kind of stuff with as I'm not even going there with my wife..

Last edited:

AIrey1507

Reaction score
Visit site
GPS'd at 128.3 mph, but fully loaded with stuffed soft side bags, tail bag, and 14L tank bag. At least 40+ lbs. of luggage plus the drag with the bags sticking out. I was pretty happy with that.

CarpeNoctumDC

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I hit the 140 mark this morning on a deserted stretch of Hwy 25 between Hollister and Pinnacles State Park. I don't know what came over me..empty, straight, flat road with a slight rise in the distance so I could see approaching cars (if any) and before I knew it I had it wide open and I was tucked down on the tank. I think that my nerves gave up before the bike did though, I started seeing visions of confiscated property and jail time. :spank:
But what a rush! :BLAA:
I'm glad I have you guys and this forum to share this kind of stuff with as I'm not even going there with my wife..

All depends on who pulls you over (and if)....

I had my bike up to 187* on Hwy 111 near the salton sea one time.. When my KBC helmet started falling apart... (heard a click and then felt a pop on either side as the locks for the face sheild started failing)

And as to my comment about who and if... Fastest I was ever pulled over was 168 in Utah... Thank god for older, wiser, nice staties that dont want the hassle of the paperwork.. (LOL its actually a hallarious story)...

* It is possible I actually got up another 15-20 MPH.. I know one time I made it from my place in palm springs to bombay beach in around 18-20 minutes... So that would be between 195-215 MPH... Didn't pay any attention because it was an emergency... Later I just referenced what time the call came in and what time my outgoing call was made when I got there... (was like 20 minutes difference - so doing the math came up with the 195+... )

Too many LEO's in the st. louis metro area.. so lately I rarely get above 120 or maintain it for very long...

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't like to ride over 90 on a regular basis but it does get hard to watch when your going with traffic and you don't feel like your getting anywhere without passing a few cars here and there.

I actually like to lay down on the tank when I'm on the freeway. I wish my handle bars were lower so it'd be more comfortable but at those speeds you don't turn as much as you lean. (highway speeds)

I believe most guys like to drive fast, it just depends on how their internal governer works and at what speed they think is excessive. It is for this reason too that I want to get out to track days and have a place to let it go. I can't do it till next year but I have been doing some research on it as well. I like twisties too but I'm always worried about the unseen gravel or anything else in the road. On a striaght away I tend to feel more confident in going faster because I can see where I'm going and what is in the way.

CarpeNoctumDC

Reaction score
Visit site
I like twisties too but I'm always worried about the unseen gravel or anything else in the road. On a striaght away I tend to feel more confident in going faster because I can see where I'm going and what is in the way.

I stopped worrying about the gravel... Now I’m more worried about dew or wild animals.. My 3rd month back in the St. Louis area I was headed home and the dew was up - didn’t realize that the turn into our subdivision would be just barely slick.. Accelerating out of the turn the bike just walked sideways, went down, and almost threw me into a pond (Yeah.. Slow, look, lean, press, roll, slide, drop, fly, curse) LOL at least my motorcycle could have won an earth day float prize :)

Beyond that its the deer out here... When I first started driving I one hit the side of my wrangler and half landed in the passenger seat... After that my philosophy was there are 3 options: Either I wont hit them, I will hit them, or they will hit me... The later two scare me to death on the bike...

But oh well… If it happens it happens… Even if you do everything right there is a chance that something unforeseen may go wrong… All you can do is take the right steps to and respond correctly and hope for the best… I’ve gone down twice in a curve because of sudden wet/slick spot on otherwise dry roads and once because of sand on the road when someone cut me off and slammed on the breaks – I had to swerve to miss them – the last correction in the swerve was on sandy road… (In order I was going aprox 20, 10 and 15 mph…)

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
CarpeNoctumDC;
I agree about the wild animals, I've never had a run in with dew, sounds bad. I live in the woods and any animal jumping out at me gets my heart pumping. My wife likes to use my kidneys as a punching bag when ever she sees a dear (just to make sure I see it too)

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
2005 naked. Last summer, Germany:

Managed to haul the bike up to 255 km/h slipstreaming a Merc and a BMW on the Autobahn, while having a stuffed tank bag and a backpack tied up on the rear. That sure was a rush, but even more so when the tank bag figured it should come lose hitting me in the chest doing approx 240 km/h (during decceleration from that top speed). Holy hell, that's scary!

But as someone else in this thread said, opening it up and keeping it there for a while is pure adrenaline, especially if you manage to do that even though the road bends a little ;)