How Do You Wheelie?

That is one of the things I will never try to do :ban:

I am amazed what kind of balance guys on Spike or Speed channel show off but that ain't for me. In the first place, WHY?
In real world they do it 10 times and it's looks amazing then they fall, wreck beautiful bike for no reason at all. Like kids skating on guard rail many times and then they bust their balls into oblivion when they slip.

I am 51 tomorrow, maybe that's why I look at wheelies like that.

Zack

Sh!t guys I never wheelied but I have had a floaty front wheel when pulling hard in 2nd coming out of a tight corner. That's fun but is a definate brown alert. I'm just too scared of trashing four grands worth of bike to try a wheelie proper! ps it cost me 18 pounds 50 to fill up today. Is that a record?????

Sh!t guys I never wheelied but I have had a floaty front wheel when pulling hard in 2nd coming out of a tight corner. That's fun but is a definate brown alert. I'm just too scared of trashing four grands worth of bike to try a wheelie proper! ps it cost me 18 pounds 50 to fill up today. Is that a record?????
£18.50 piffel, I paid £1.20 a litre in Hammersmith last week. £21.60 for 18 litres, pile of ****e. It would cost less to fix the bike after a drop. LOL.

Nelly

£18.50 piffel, I paid £1.20 a litre in Hammersmith last week. £21.60 for 18 litres, pile of ****e. It would cost less to fix the bike after a drop. LOL.

Nelly

18 liters, your bike was thirsty! For us folks here in the states, thats about $42 USD for 4.8 gal of fuel.

In comparison, I just filled up last night here in Las Vegas for $3.67 a gal. 15.5 liters (4.1 gal) for £7.7 ($15 USD)

I I am a bit dissapointed that MCN let one guy wear jeans and not full leathers. Not a great advert for safety.

Nelly

I don't know if you guys have these over there but in Australia we have a brand called Draggin Jeans. Specifically designed for motorcycle use with all the kevlar and carbon fibre bits and pieces. Maybe this is what that guy may have been wearing.

you can wheelie any bike but all r different. for me the easiest way with the fz6 is 35-40 mph first gear. cluth, rev, hang on, dump cluth lean forward when you feel the front come up. Personally i think its more fun to lean forward first and spin the tires going 40 miles per hour. you can wheelie a mini bike but not many things can spin the tires at 40.

I don't know if you guys have these over there but in Australia we have a brand called Draggin Jeans. Specifically designed for motorcycle use with all the kevlar and carbon fibre bits and pieces. Maybe this is what that guy may have been wearing.
We can get dragging jeans here. The protection from those is still not on par with leather though IMO. I would also like to see the skin damage underneath the jeans because there will still be a lot of heat transfered through the thin jeans to the wearers skin. Just my thoughts mate.

Nelly

So i did my first wheelie on my FZ6 today, finally after getting to know the bike for 2 years :D! Had it in first gear, reved it to ~7500rpm, cut throttle, then pull throttle almost all the way and it just poped the front wheel up to about the height of the gas tank (had my foot ready to hit the rear brake in case it came up to much). I think the suspension helps this way to do the wheelie as when i cut throttle it jolted foward and then when i acceled again it lifted with no effort, was very easy to control. Held it for just 2-3secs...fun stuff :p

I like to hit little bumps going thru town at around 10 mph, giver a little gas in first and do itty bitty wheelies that most cops probably wont getcha for. I'll save the big stuff for country highways.

Nick

I tried it and got the front wheels up.

The landing wasn't so good.

train_wreck.jpg

Fred

Exactly.....................LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don’t know much a about wheelies u see ive been racing dirt bikes for about 5 years and what i have learned is by doing said wheelies you damages ur engine plain and simple.

"real wheelies" cause the oil to run to the back of the engine allowing for less lubrication increasing ur chances of engine failure. some people may debate this fact but i know that a friend of mine has the same size bike and enjoys doing wheelies. his engine blew out and it was aver a 2500 dolor bill to take care of it. so u guys can wheelie all u want ill stay low and beat u off the line and save a **** load of money.

Last edited:
Back