how can i change my dash lights

daletucker

Reaction score
Visit site
ok the red is ok but i would like green for my bike. i am going with a black and green look. if i cannot do green i would be ok with the white lights it's just the red is not doing it for me. anyone have any ideas where to look. google has brought me nothing but then again i could be asking the wrong question. thank you all for your input.

:thumbup:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
...anyone have any ideas where to look. google has brought me nothing but then again i could be asking the wrong question. thank you all for your input.

:thumbup:

Dale,
I may be answering the wrong question, but, I assume that you want to change the color of what I will call the general illumination lighting for the instrument cluster, correct? I believe that this illumination is provided by a pair of light emitting diodes inside the housing. (The wiring diagram shows two LEDs called “Meter light” on the device list.) I don’t think these are considered replaceable items, but, if you can figure out how to open the meter housing without breaking it, you might be able to find and replace these diodes. Before tearing into it, be aware that the speedometer assembly costs about $600 retail, sells for about $430 at the discount parts places.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You might want to do a search because there is a company that will do that for you. You can change the colors of the dial ect. to what you want. You just send them the speedo assembly and they do the rest. I have wanted to do that myself. Right now I have the Accumen gear indicator thats seperate from the normal assembly and it works great.

daletucker

Reaction score
Visit site
Dale,
I may be answering the wrong question, but, I assume that you want to change the color of what I will call the general illumination lighting for the instrument cluster, correct? I believe that this illumination is provided by a pair of light emitting diodes inside the housing. (The wiring diagram shows two LEDs called “Meter light” on the device list.) I don’t think these are considered replaceable items, but, if you can figure out how to open the meter housing without breaking it, you might be able to find and replace these diodes. Before tearing into it, be aware that the speedometer assembly costs about $600 retail, sells for about $430 at the discount parts places.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

you answered my question exactly. however i have seen on this site someone who had their gauges all white. i would like mine to be green but i would settle for the white. i have done many google searches and have found plenty of stuff for the r6 but i think every one out there neglects the fz6. it's sad truly sad. but i do thank you all for your help and input and if i ever find something out i will post it on here as i think i may not be the only one wanting to do this. people tinker that's what we do.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
you answered my question exactly. however i have seen on this site someone who had their gauges all white. i would like mine to be green but i would settle for the white. i have done many google searches and have found plenty of stuff for the r6 but i think every one out there neglects the fz6. it's sad truly sad. but i do thank you all for your help and input and if i ever find something out i will post it on here as i think i may not be the only one wanting to do this. people tinker that's what we do.

The above post (about the gear indicator) reminded me that someone had posted a video about installing a digital gear indicator in a 2007+ instrument cluster. Take a look at this post, the second video shows the installation process in detail. The first few slides seem to show how to take the cluster apart, does not look that hard. I say, tinker away!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/10945-new-gear-indicator-producer-my.html