Hitting my head

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, so I like to gear up inside, and walk out to my bike and hop right on and go. So this ends up with me walking through my house with all my gear on. Well, I've been having this problem where my height is an additional inch or 2 with my helmet on.

I cannot help but run into things. I've broken two light bulbs and a lighting fixture - just from hitting my head on them from the additional clearance of the helmet. Now, I hit my head on my chandelier almost every day.

I was just curious to see if I'm the only one wearing the dunce cap here, or if other seem to have the same problem as me - haha.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
:dunce: haha - that's funny. I picture you walking out with everything clanging and falling behind you in a wave of comedic destruction as you flail wildly for the door as if in the movies... LOL

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
That's me - you forgot the shards of shattered glass falling around me from the light bulbs. Maybe I should just put my helmet on outside. :)

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to put my helmet on and then remember that I wanted to check something under the bike. I bang my helmet on the ground a lot because I forget my head is now bigger.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very clumsy with all my gear on. The rucsac is the worst. If I forget something and have to go back into the house I usually knock all the coats off their pegs in the hall

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done it once, I was outside ready to go when I remembered my cell phone was inside next to my chair. I went inside with my helmet on and destroyed two of the three lamp shades on the suspended light fitting in the lounge.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea.. you should start gearing up outside... or at least putting the helmet on outside.. would be fun to see a video of this :)

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I cannot help but run into things. I've broken two light bulbs and a lighting fixture - just from hitting my head on them from the additional clearance of the helmet. Now, I hit my head on my chandelier almost every day.

:rof: hahahahahaha

I used to do this too... just walk out on your knees. It already looks awkward enough with you walking out the door like a power ranger.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get a pocket bike to ride out to the real bike. That'll give you the clearance you need! :thumbup: Don't know what her feelings will be as you zoom through the dining room though! :eek:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, so I like to gear up inside, and walk out to my bike and hop right on and go. So this ends up with me walking through my house with all my gear on. Well, I've been having this problem where my height is an additional inch or 2 with my helmet on.

I was just curious to see if I'm the only one wearing the dunce cap here, or if other seem to have the same problem as me - haha.

I did that once a few days ago and almost took out the main light in my kitchen:spank:. Now if I gear up in my room i go out through the patio and around the house (nothing to hit the helmet one)

Wiseric

Reaction score
Visit site
haven't hit anything inside the house yet but yesterday just before getting on the bike I went to look at something on the side of the bike and hit my visor on the tank - felt a right plonker - no damage done to the tank thank goodness.:spank:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Get a pocket bike to ride out to the real bike. That'll give you the clearance you need! :thumbup: Don't know what her feelings will be as you zoom through the dining room though! :eek:

:rof:

I totally pictured that scene in my head and laughed out loud. Thanks, I needed a laugh. :thumbup:

As for the gear, I carry my helmet/gloves with me. Then put it them when I get to my bike, much easier.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes my wife parks the car DIRECTLY in front of the garage (where the bike is kept - it's a small garage, so the bike gets to live there). I end up trying to move her car with my helmet on and without fail, I always bump my head against the door or roof of the car.