High beam out

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I flipped the high beam off for the first time in a long time yesterday and the sucker won't come back on. When I hit the switch to turn it back on the blue light turns on in the gauge, but not the bulb itself. The bulb looks ok, as in I don't see anything burned out or broken in there. The low beam does work, however. Is there a fuse just for the high beam? Just thought I'd drop the question here please before I start pulling out bulbs and fuses and cursing my clumsy hands :rolleyes: Thank you!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock OEM FZ6 with fairing = On the right side is where the high beam is. There is a low beam filament on the right side but it is not wired from the factory to work. Only the high beam works on the right side. Pull and look at the H4 bulb (right side). There should be two filaments in the bulb. One is not used (Low beam) If you see only one filament that's probably the problem. Unless someone modded the wiring when you weren't looking! :BLAA:

Sometimes it is hard to see a broken filament.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto -
A filament can open and not be seen except under 5X or better microscope. You could test it with an ohms eater too? If Ohms = infinity = Dead = replace = $$$