Here she is!!

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Okay, I was asked, by private message, to post a photo of my new '09 BMW, so here she is.

View attachment 10687

This is my main "ride" mostly because of comfort during long days (700-800 mile days) and wattage output for accessories, like driving lights, heated riding gear, GPS. But, after spending a summer BMW-less (after selling my previous one and waiting for my new '09 to arrive) I really got to appreciate the FZ6 for its better handling characteristics and "Yee-haw" fun-factor. Since I put Givi's on the FZ6, it's going to be hard to decide which girl gets to go for a ride. :D

Specs:
Displacement 1170 cc
Bore X Stroke 101.0 mm x 73.0 mm
Horsepower 109 bhp @ 7500 rpm
Torque 85 lb/ft @ 6000 rpm
Valve Gear HC, chain-driven
No of cylinders 2
Compression Ratio 12.0:1
Engine Management BMW Engine Controller - BMS K
Valves per Cylinder Four
Valves 2.0 x 36.0 mm intake / 2.0 x 31.0 mm exhaust
Fuel Tank Steel tank with internal pump and internal filter
Alternator W 600 Watts @ 14 Volts
Clutch 180 mm dry, single plate with hydraulic actuation
Front Tire 120/70 x 17 tubeless
Rear Tire 180/55 x 17 tubeless
Overall Length 84.4 inches
Overall Width 34.3 inches
Wheelbase 58.9 inches
Seat height 31.5 inches
Weight - Dry 437 lbs.

BMW options:
clear turn-signal lenses
heated grips
center stand
on-board computer
Locking sidecases
Engine case guards

Aftermarket:
ZTechnik windscreen
ZTechnik GPS mount
Bill Mayer custom saddle

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a sweet comfortable ride! Congrats! I like it a lot!

I'm at a toss-up on the supplemental ride... either the R 1200 GS or the 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 but I need a heck of a raise and bonus in March to even consider one! I may look for a couple year-old FJR1300 though... Save some money on a good used Yamaha?!?!

Well done on the BMW!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, very nice touring bike, i can see what you mean about the comfort for the longer days, but that thing must feel like a tank after coming off of the FZ.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a good looking bike. It looks like a comfy seat. That seat reminds me a bit of a triumph tiger. enjoy it.:thumbup:

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
wow, very nice touring bike, i can see what you mean about the comfort for the longer days, but that thing must feel like a tank after coming off of the FZ.

Thanks! Oddly, it weighs only a dozen or so pounds more than the FZ, but it doesn't have the light steering and handling about it that the FZ does. What it does have that the FZ doesn't - and I always have to adapt when I go back and forth between the FZ and a BMW - is absolutely no brake dive thanks to the telelever front end on the BMW.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is a lot more than a dozen pounds more than the FZ, maybe comparing dry to wet weights?
Looks very nice and those accessories are all useful. I bet she has gobs more torque than the FZ...

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
I think it is a lot more than a dozen pounds more than the FZ, maybe comparing dry to wet weights?
Looks very nice and those accessories are all useful. I bet she has gobs more torque than the FZ...

Thanks, Dan. Wet weight of the FZ is 459 lb (per the Yamaha Sport website). Dry weight of the R1200R is 437 lb. I don't know what the wet weight would be, but it holds 4 qts oil and 5.5 gal gas. What would you guess the wet weight to be on her? I figured another 35-40 lb?

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BMW's are awesome bikes, a few more toys than I like on a bike but they are absolutely amazing! A customer of ours has a k1200 i believe, its the one with everything! The new gold wing is crazy got on one to do the inspection and was like... hmmmm.... can you say off side of road trying to change the radio station......