Help! Need input on residental electrical tools

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
not_an_electrician.jpg
:eek:

Wonder which side is hot and which is cold?? Pun intended!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This must be the neutral your talking about! :spank::spank: :thumbup:
Helicopter static discharge HAHAHA! - YouTube

Just saw this:rockon:
I would get a good laugh from the break ins while training them during hoisting ops with the HH-65's. We were on the 41ft boat, when the flight mech lowered the basket one person grounded it with a dead man stick. If they grabbed it with their hand first.......WHAMMY!

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can use the trace tool on a neutral and ground. We only really use those when we need to know where in a wall a wire runs. Your best bet is to start at the panel and work forward. If it is an older house, they liked to wire the hots into the lights first and then drop out. May be somewhere to start. Btw I'm a resi journeyman :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can use the trace tool on a neutral and ground. We only really use those when we need to know where in a wall a wire runs. Your best bet is to start at the panel and work forward. If it is an older house, they liked to wire the hots into the lights first and then drop out. May be somewhere to start. Btw I'm a resi journeyman :)

Thanks!
My intent would be to trace the dead circuits Neutral to see "where it goes" and hopefully along the way find the cause. I would hope that the Neutral and Gnd make it back to the panel and follow the pair to find the actual breaker its connected too.

Highly suspect of adjacent bathroom with 5 switches on the wall leading to two lamps (b/r flood & basic mirror lamp) along with vent fan as it has fans, moisture, and vibes which in the grand scheme of things could be where I find the fault.

Waiting for home owner to return. I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited: