Helmet vs. Hair

how do you keep your hair?

• I keep my hair short – but I’d keep it that way no matter what.

Votes: 129 71.7%
  • I keep my hair short – because it's more comfortable to ride with.

Votes: 29 16.1%
  • I keep my hair longer – but it’s a pain in the….

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I keep my hair longer – and it’s not a problem.

Votes: 18 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe this, a poll for bikers and no "shaved head" option?

Add me to the smooth look list.
I feel left out too!!! my head has been shaved since March,2002.....That's when I saw the back of my head in a dressing room mirror :jawdrop: because it was thin it appeared a lot lighter color blonde...went home and shaved it clean!!! no Skunk imatating for me!!! :rof:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel left out too!!! my head has been shaved since March,2002.....That's when I saw the back of my head in a dressing room mirror :jawdrop: because it was thin it appeared a lot lighter color blonde...went home and shaved it clean!!! no Skunk imatating for me!!! :rof:

dont you worry about sun burn though :thumbup:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have opted to let mine get longer, so I can do a pony tail, and not get helmet head. I think it may go shorter again in the winter when I don't ride. (yeah, I am a cold weather woos.) :rolleyes:

Long hair keeps you warmer in the winter too! :thumbup:

My hair is longer and I either briad it or put it in a ponytail - I still get my own version of helmet hair though. :(

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Long hair keeps you warmer in the winter too! :thumbup:

My hair is longer and I either briad it or put it in a ponytail - I still get my own version of helmet hair though. :(

Very true! I may keep it long...it's easier to deal with when it's longer.
As for you shaved headed guys, I like that look!! :cheer:

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of us don't get a choice,unless we want a comb over :(

I'm with ya there. I prefer the term folically challenged; its one of many gifts from my nearly bald father. I keep it buzzed short ALL the time, i figured I'm just going to grow bald gracefully (Bruce Willis is my hero).

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine goes to about 1/2 way down my back, and it's straight... I wear it in a pony tail mainly. Makes for a bit of a birds nest after a long ride and a real pain in the arse to get the knots out! I found it quite amusing when a bus load of kids all hung out the window and yelled "hey lady biker, chuck a wheely for us?!"

But I've always had long hair, so it doesn't bother me. The last hair cut I had was about 7 years ago. That time I went for the 'crome dome' haha, kept it razor shaved for about a year, then I let it grow again.

My reasoning behind not cutting my hair? I actually think it's less maintenance, and less expense... Never have to cut it because it's geting too long lol I guess a chick with hair this long would want to take really good care of it, but me... Meh, it's tidy enough running a brush through it.

Helmet hair? I don't get helmet hair. Maybe because my hair is long, it's too heavy for the kinks from my helmet to stay in? :Flip:

Last edited:

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
i keep my hair pretty long, i just keep it covered with a thin skull cap. the helmet never messes with my hair as long as the cap is on.

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have "Long" hair but it's alot longer than most around here because they all shave their heads haha but I'm not bothered what it looks like.