Helmet vs. Hair

how do you keep your hair?

• I keep my hair short – but I’d keep it that way no matter what.

Votes: 129 71.7%
  • I keep my hair short – because it's more comfortable to ride with.

Votes: 29 16.1%
  • I keep my hair longer – but it’s a pain in the….

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I keep my hair longer – and it’s not a problem.

Votes: 18 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hate what the helmet does to my hair - and since I am a girl, I keep it long so that I can braid it and only have to deal with some bangs. I also keep a baseball cap in my bag so that I can cover up the evil.

On the other hand, my hubby keeps his really short and you can't tell when he has helmet head. :(

^^^^ Exactly what she said^^^^

Just what they said hehe

My hair is a bit shorter than it used to be... but if you put the pony tail holders all the way down your back.. rather than a braid, that keeps it all together neatly so that it doesn't get tangled..

I do the messy hair thing anyway the helmet just leaves some tell tail flat spots. I figure it's kind of a where's waldo thing and I try to spot other riders by it.

I put some texture cream in my hair (it's about an two inches long) before I go anywhere. Usually when I take off my helmet, my hair finds its way back to where it was after a little coaxing. The longer the stuff has been in my hair before I put my helmet on, the better this strategy works. I also keep some of the same stuff at work just in case I didn't have time before leaving in the morning, or my strategy fails me.

i keep it short cos it looks better when u take ur lid off....wont need to worry in a few years though cos the old hair line is receeding lol....heheheh i might be able to just paint a helmet on me head and go commando :D

Back