Helmet Mohawk

B

bluenova

When I was living in the UK I remember a phase bikers went through (not so many years ago) where a lot of people were waring these stupid bunny ears :spank:

3350_2a.jpg

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
To me a helmet hawk just says "Hey officer, I'm over here!" something I try to avoid with the way I like to ride :sinister: but i know a guy who owns a green ninja zx6r, wears bright green kawasaki racing leathers, and has a bright green helmet hawk and one thing about it, he definently gets seen, for better or WORSE lol

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was looking around on that site and found something I want! How funny are these? I'm even going to eat the $15 shipping fee to get them lol

pig%20blue%20brown%20back.jpg

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
i know a guy who owns a green ninja zx6r, wears bright green kawasaki racing leathers, and has a bright green helmet hawk and one thing about it, he definently gets seen, for better or WORSE lol

Sorry, but wearing full "racing leathers" when a race track is nowhere in sight + a helemt mohawk, just screams douchebag squid.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
The first one i saw i thought cool. Then i saw another, and another and another still.

Another girl who rides with us has pink hair braided down the back, nice, because it's unique.

I got a red stripe down the back of my helmet, more for visibility than anything, but it's unique ... i guess that's my "requirement".

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is funny. I've seen them but generally on the riders of SS bikes. Where I live the majority of motorcyclists are Harley/cruisers, which makes me the minority. I'm thinking that if I were to get one, the cops would be truly eyeballing me more than they do already. So I'll be passing on the whole Helmet Mohawk fad.

andrewclaycomb

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, but wearing full "racing leathers" when a race track is nowhere in sight + a helemt mohawk, just screams douchebag squid.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing full leathers on the street. Maybe he just likes his skin.

As far as the Hawks go, I smile when I see them. I don't have one on my helmet. I do however have a real mohawk on my head.

To each their own.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing full leathers on the street. Maybe he just likes his skin.

As far as the Hawks go, I smile when I see them. I don't have one on my helmet. I do however have a real mohawk on my head.

To each their own.

+1 to that...I wear leathers on the weekends (not track leathers mind you)...but there are some guys wearing the racing suits but they back it up...if you tried to keep up with some of these guys, you'd be praying for leathers!

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not saying you're wrong, but at least the dude with the "full racing leather" is protected moreso than the cruiser dude riding with just shorts, shirt, half lid and maybe work boots...... even though the dude with full racer suite is PROBABLY more of a poser than a biker. Just playing devil advocate here, personally I wouldn't wear one not because I think it's stupid... Just not my cup of tea. So instead I went with the screaming yellow helmet to get noticed. hahahaha

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear my one piece alpinestar suit when riding in the cayons. Im not the fastest guy out there by far, but I am learning, and getting faster every weekend. Hell, some people wear full leathers when going to the grocery store. I sure wouldnt want to crash wearing jeans at 20 mph

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I was living in the UK I remember a phase bikers went through (not so many years ago) where a lot of people were waring these stupid bunny ears :spank:

3350_2a.jpg

those are the dog ears.........and I have them on my helmet!
They fit my personality, silly & fun loving! After all if you can't have fun doing it...what's the point?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
They make me smile when I see them but they are not common around here. I wouldn't spend the $20 on one though.

Since when is wearing the best protection available squid-like and/or anything to be looked down upon? Sorry, but your strong opinions about what's cool and what's stupid and blah blah are just silly...much more silly than the people wearing mohawks on their helmets :D IMO.

FWIW, I don't have one for my helmet and reserve my track suit for the track unless a friend needs to borrow my street leathers but couldn't care less what other people do....

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I never understood how wearing a mohawk is being a squid. Squid is all about how you ride and how much protection. The mohawk has nothing to do with that. I understand that a lot of squids wear these but that doesn't make everyone who wears them a squid.