Hello!

Chris Parker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Chris and I'm picking up a naked 2007 FZ6 next week on wednesday from a member called "Dreambuilder". I just thought I'd make a quick introduction of myself since I'll be hanging around quite a bit. I try to be as little of a newb as possible... I've already done a lot of searching and found the service manual and read through all 40 pages of threads in the FZ6 mods section. I have a good understanding of all the common mods from FZ1 bars down to speedohealers and the -1 sprocket... I'm not new to forums and I know how annoying all those basic common questions can be.

I'm a new rider, this is my first street bike. I had done quite a bit of research before settling on the FZ6 as my first bike. It seems to have a really good balance of features and seems to suit a novice rider well because it can do a little of everything. I've riden motocross for the last few years so I'm hoping the transition to a street bike should be smooth.

I'm an industrial electrician by trade, and I've spent a lot of time under hoods and taking apart bikes so i have a good solid mechanical understand and hands on skiils both in maintenance and in peformance.

Anyways, see you all around the forum and hopefully on the street!

Chris

Chris Parker

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I'm lucky, most all the aesthetic mods I would ever want to do are already done, and even pipes. Once I get a feel for the bike, I'll probably be focusing on suspension and braking... and I'm pretty excited about reviews I've read of the -1 sprocket. I've made a comprehensive list of common mods and I'll be looking to that list whenever I feel the need to mod something.

Here is a recent pic of the bike I'm picking up.

Last edited:

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and enjoy!
ride safe and wear all your gear.

have fun out there!:rockon:

sweet bike BTW.

Last edited:

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike. Take it a little bit easy in the beginning until you get a feel for the bike and always wear your gear... :thumbup:

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:
Picking up real Naked eh.....Nice looking bro just like those new HORNET
I love those headlight set up, friend of mine keep telling me dont get rid of my FZ fairing cz you ll appreciate it when you run over 100

Thanks! I'm lucky, most all the aesthetic mods I would ever want to do are already done, and even pipes. Once I get a feel for the bike, I'll probably be focusing on suspension and braking... and I'm pretty excited about reviews I've read of the -1 sprocket. I've made a comprehensive list of common mods and I'll be looking to that list whenever I feel the need to mod something.

Here is a recent pic of the bike I'm picking up.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welome aboard, nice looking bike :thumbup: As the others have said keep the revs down until you get a bit of experience, have fun :thumbup:

Chris Parker

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I will definitely stick to the side of caution until I get comfortable. I'm very cautious by nature so I won't be riding aggressively for a while.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Chris and I'm picking up a naked 2007 FZ6 next week on wednesday from a member called "Dreambuilder". I just thought I'd make a quick introduction of myself since I'll be hanging around quite a bit. I try to be as little of a newb as possible... I've already done a lot of searching and found the service manual and read through all 40 pages of threads in the FZ6 mods section. I have a good understanding of all the common mods from FZ1 bars down to speedohealers and the -1 sprocket... I'm not new to forums and I know how annoying all those basic common questions can be.

I'm a new rider, this is my first street bike. I had done quite a bit of research before settling on the FZ6 as my first bike. It seems to have a really good balance of features and seems to suit a novice rider well because it can do a little of everything. I've riden motocross for the last few years so I'm hoping the transition to a street bike should be smooth.

I'm an industrial electrician by trade, and I've spent a lot of time under hoods and taking apart bikes so i have a good solid mechanical understand and hands on skiils both in maintenance and in peformance.

Anyways, see you all around the forum and hopefully on the street!

Chris
Welcome aboard fella,

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum and what a nice looking bike, blue and naked! Very nice.

Be sure to ask lots of questions!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Chris! Great looking ride!

Just remember to drag a knee, not put the foot out front and you'll be fine! :thumbup: