Heavily modded stock exhaust

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody!

I am a happy owner of FZ6 for about 3 years and this bike makes me crazy am constantly look for a new mod for it.

I was inspired by another thread about modding the stock exhaust in this forum but I can not find it right now .
Soo... enough talking/typing lets proceed to the fun part :)

This is my handmade tube from drilled sheet of metal with 40% open space 1 mm thick.
024190174-big.jpg

Next step to gut-out the exhaust... I basicly removed everything but the first chamber...
024190175-big.jpg

General view of the exhaust.. I removed the stock pipes and increased the diameter of the end pipe to 35mm basically to the outer protective shield
024190177-big.jpg

Some dispenser (I am not sure if this is the right word ) but you can get it from the picture
024190178-big.jpg

Some insulation stacked in
024190180-big.jpg

So as I said before I tried to leave the first chamber intact
024190182-big.jpg

Some more insulation just in case -then the top cover and some hell of welding ;)
024190183-big.jpg

Last edited:

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
Mounted on the bike
024190214-big.jpg

So the result is bass throaty sound up to 5-6k rpm unique thing of my creation is that above 7k rpm the sound is just like stock :rockon:. My first observation after 300km trip- nice and throaty for the town and relaxing sound levels at higher rpm range :Flash:

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
We need video! Preferably with a before and after to compare the sound...

Wow!!! you are fast :D I have a friend with a stock FZ6 so we are planing some close comparison with both bikes on the tape ;).... still I am not sure if the sound would be good enough ... I will do my best.:thumbup:

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
really nice work:thumbup:
the pictures really help us see what was done
and now you know how it sounds
sounds like a good way to go if you like the stock look but want just a little more sound:eek:
thanks for the work and pictures.

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
here is the video :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUiVQ8ESQ4Q"]‪FZ6 Muffler comparison‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And yes it is cooler than stock at least the part just above the stop light. :)

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice sound I always thought the stock look was nice. I do feel a bit sea sick after watching that though.

Thanks, sorry for the motion sickness :rolleyes: . Although it is the sound that is important not the picture :Flash:

The cost including the tools (I had to buy a dremel) is 50euro +25 if we count the additional muffler that I bought + three days of intense grinding.

It would be a lot less but I had to buy a whole 2000 by 1000mm sheet of drilled steel. At least got materials for a dozen of mufflers :D

When you hear it in real it does not feel anything close to the stock one. I had a friend who immediately noticed that I have change the muffler without telling him and he was amazed how it is transformed.:rockon:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic stuff. Got my spare stock sitting in the shed for me to throw on my bike while I cut this one up :) sweet as mate

D

Deleted member 17211

I like! I might do this and go bigger than 35mm outlets on the end. :D

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
I like! I might do this and go bigger than 35mm outlets on the end. :D

Yes you could but the clearance between the tips of the exhaust and the protective plastic shield will be too small.

Another video of my bike after a 1500km with the "new" muffler :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=405TMPLh6bo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=405TMPLh6bo[/ame]

By the very end of the clip you can hear the throaty sound at the low rpm range(during deceleration)I tried to describe.. despite the long distance it is very noticeable if you crack up the volume :D

Last edited: