headlight MOOOOOLLLLEEE....moley moley mole!

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
So I asked a few of you guys about this awhile back, and got the hammer and duct tape answer (thinking about it). Now that I'm done procrastinating and finally got too it I'm at a loss. Basically I dumped the bike and had to get a new mole. But for some reason it doesn't quite fit right, and kinda falls out a bit. Nothing really "bent" to bend back seeing as its not on the frame or any brackets. I thought this crack wasn't the problem, but now that the fairing is off it kinda looks like its putting more pressure outward than I had thought.

Basically....any thoughts on how to mend this crack and get the mole in snug?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I asked a few of you guys about this awhile back, and got the hammer and duct tape answer (thinking about it). Now that I'm done procrastinating and finally got too it I'm at a loss. Basically I dumped the bike and had to get a new mole. But for some reason it doesn't quite fit right, and kinda falls out a bit. Nothing really "bent" to bend back seeing as its not on the frame or any brackets. I thought this crack wasn't the problem, but now that the fairing is off it kinda looks like its putting more pressure outward than I had thought.

Basically....any thoughts on how to mend this crack and get the mole in snug?

I suspect the main fairing stay is bent, it doesn't take much of a tip over to bend it. That plastic moved alot to crack that badly...

If you sit on the bike, on the center stand, with the wheel facing forward, look very closly and I'll bet you see parts on one side higher than the other side. The inner panels probably won't fit quite right either. As for repairing the plastic, I'd bit the bullet and find a new/used (undamaged one).

BTW, the inner headlight assembly is held on with 4 screws that go into 4 raised studs that usually at least one stud breaks off as well...

When I pulled my center stay (bent from the PO's crash) you really couldn't see it bent on the bench, seated on the bike it was higher about 3/4" on one side...

Last edited:

cdnSTIG

Reaction score
Visit site
there is a black piece of rubber that the mole fits into. if you dont have them put together properly it will stick out like that.

take out that rubber piece, insert it on the mole then install the mole.

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
there is a black piece of rubber that the mole fits into. if you dont have them put together properly it will stick out like that.

take out that rubber piece, insert it on the mole then install the mole.

You are absolute right. I did have the same problem om my bike and it took a while before I find the piece of rubber. When I took it out and put it on the mole I just pushed it back and it fitted perfectly.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you get it all fixed :thumbup:

Here's another thread about plastic repair: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/1723-cowling-repair.html

There are more threads on the subject just use the search function (don't forget all search words have to be longer than 4 characters, so use the wildcard symbol (*) when searching for words like ABS* and MEK*) :thumbup:.

Here's another one:http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/5153-restoring-broken-fairing.html

Last edited:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow....looked and just found that rubber strip you guys are talking about. Ganna give it a shot....you guys did just completely remove it right?

vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
SUCCESSSSSSSS! Seriously thanks guys....that's been pissing me off for months. HUGS FOR ALL!!!

vi veri veniversum vivus vici

cdnSTIG

Reaction score
Visit site
im not sure what the rubber piece does but i put it back on.

install it on the mole then install the mole. goes together nice and easy.