Headed for NAKED!!

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
After much consideration, hand wringing, and sleepless nights:D I finally decided to leap off the "naked" cliff. Thanks to Davidsa1 for providing the parts list and offering to help along the way when needed. I'm sure I'll be calling him as I go. If mine comes out half as hot as David's I'll be satisfied.

After removing the fairing there's no turning back. Now I have to start on my brackets and work the wiring...should be an adventure.

Also thanks to Wavex for the naked conversion video on youtube...it got me off to a good start also.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Here are a few pics of where I stand right now...It's the biggest project I've ever attempted on my FZ6 and I'm really excited about it. Wish me luck!

Armystrong!

W

wrightme43

It really feels different with out a fairing, just a whole different feel to the bike.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! I have been thinking about the same
thing but lack the nerves and money.
Good luck! I look forward to seeing your progress.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
When I took off my fairing I had to fight myself not to go naked.
It just looks so right.

Good luck on your conversion :)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta love the silver 2004. You've got good taste, my friend. Message sent about the left-over parts.

From this...
2215868892_7ef982eaf0.jpg

To this...
3116842345_849b00d697.jpg

and she needs a few finishing touches

crx81

Reaction score
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you and, after doing it, never want to go back! The bike will feel completely different, in a good way. Someday, I'd like to tackle a naked Goldwing project....

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Ok I've been taking baby steps on my naked project and today I took a few more.

I fabricated the mount (based on davidsa1's mount) for my speedo and mounted it up to see how it fit. I think it came out pretty good after a few adjustments. I still need to smooth the mount out some and I plan on painting all the fabricated mounts for the speedo and light flat black once I get them all just like I want them (shape, length, position, etc).

The journey continues::thumbup:

crx81

Reaction score
Visit site
One problem I had was with the stinking speedo connector being right there and how to hide it. I wound up lengthening the whole thing so that the connector could be hidden under the tank. Something you might want to consider...

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
One problem I had was with the stinking speedo connector being right there and how to hide it. I wound up lengthening the whole thing so that the connector could be hidden under the tank. Something you might want to consider...

Thanks. I'm going to hide all my wires behind the windscreen that going to go on front. Hopefully I'll finish fabricating the light mounts and get the screen on in the next few days. I'll post up some pics once I get it on. I gotta sale some stuff so I can get the mirrors and new grips/ bar ends I want. Further down the line is a new set of handlebars too.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Once you go naked, well you know the rest. GOOD LUCK with the conversion let us know if we can be of any help.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
UPDATE: Headed for NAKED!!

Ok...I struggled for a bit trying to fabricate the mounting system for my light and signals, but I think I'm pretty close. After cutting, re-cutting, drilling, re-drilling, filing, bending, cursing, and praying, I think I'm about 95% there.:rockon:

Thanks again to Davidsa1 for answering my private messages and even taking a phone call or two when I had questions.

The signals are on. I just need to make a few adjustments, straighten, tighten, clean everything up and finish the windscreen and wiring and I'll be officially naked. I was suprised at how tight and sturdy the mounting system is.

I'll put the mirrors on once I figure out how in the world to do it.:eek:

A few pics:

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I ordered mirrors and the mounting adapters, but I think I need something else.

I just found the attached picture from a wavex post and I need the two bottoom pieces to "lift" the mirrors and attach them to the handle bars.. Can't figure out where to get them...searched all over PJs.