Hardware Store Frame Caps

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
While I was scanning the interwebs, I came across some frame caps that somebody was making and selling. My family owns a hardware store, so I figured I could duplicate them pretty reasonably. You be the judge:

7575099238_a6db04138a_b.jpg

7575102472_230b36e50c_b.jpg

I just used stainless allen bolts, fender washers, and some rubber well nuts.

Last edited:

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
Miltos sent me a PM asking me to put together kits to sell. He seemed confident that I would have lots of people interested in buying them. I am skeptical, but if you're interested in a kit for around 15 bucks, let me know.

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Miltos sent me a PM asking me to put together kits to sell. He seemed confident that I would have lots of people interested in buying them. I am skeptical, but if you're interested in a kit for around 15 bucks, let me know.

I saw this reply after reading your PM, sounds like a very good deal I guess and trust me, I've seen many people asking for this in the older threads created here!

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com

If you could ship to the UK, I'd be very interested at those prices!

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to crush your entrepreneurial spirit, but he said he made this from things in a hardware store. Spend an hour looking at some washers and a few bolts and do it yourself. Looks good by the way, going to Hardware Hank.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Are these rust proof? Do they make rust proof washers? My only concern is that they would eventually rust and look not-so-great.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are these rust proof? Do they make rust proof washers? My only concern is that they would eventually rust and look not-so-great.

You can use some rust proof paint on the hardware before you mount it. problem solved if there was ever gonna be one,most washers are galvanized in a hardware store anyway because most will come into contact with water when in use.

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
I've never come across anything even remotely similar in the hardware stores here... unless I need to look harder :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to crush your entrepreneurial spirit, but he said he made this from things in a hardware store. Spend an hour looking at some washers and a few bolts and do it yourself. Looks good by the way, going to Hardware Hank.

That's basically why I posted this thread, to show people that you could make some frame caps from parts at your local hardware store, but I guess if people don't have a good place to go for fasteners, I could make up some kits.

I have no idea what shipping out of the US would be like, but I can check.

Mike

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site

I used stainless steel washers and bolts, so rust shouldn't be an issue. They also look really good with the aluminum frame. I originally thought I might paint them, but they look good as is.

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
I just went and picked up parts to make up 3 kits. Who wants one? I'm going to try this out. 15$ plus shipping, I will check on that.

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mike nice job! I'll take a set off your hands if looking to sell still?:thumbup:

I PM'ed you back. I'm going to take a set down to the post office tomorrow and come up with a good shipping / handling price for the U.S.

It looks like 2 of the 3 sets are now spoken for. :rockon: