handlebar grips

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OURY recommend against using hairspray as the solvents can break down their grips.

There are many 'rubber safe' adhesives out there, and they offer the added benefit of giving you more time to seat the grip.

Cheers,
Rick

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you've gotta air compressor, it makes removal infinitely easier. Same goes for install.. I've never had to use any spray to get them back on.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A metal coat hanger cut to form a crank shaft works great. Its basically an 8 gauge wire (no flat spot to damage the throttle grip like a screw driver). You slip it in, and start cranking it and winds its way around the grip. Add some detergent and give it a pull.

I recommend cleaning the grips inside to ensure the mold release agent is removed so they stay put.

I sprayed some semi gloss spray paint into the grip and slid it on. In 20 minutes it seemed strong and left on a ride. It never moved.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always just cut the old grips off, but for putting the new ones on I tried windex last time and it worked great, slipped right on and the ammonia dried it right up and stuck like glue.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As long as the grips aren't glued, the air compressor with a fine tip (as noted above) works wonderful.. No muss, no fuss...

No chance of tearing a grip (done that with a screwdriver/wire), keep the air flowing high and manipulate the grip on or off..

Same if putting on foam "Grip puppies"...