Gytr pipe on road going fz?

Rossi46

Reaction score
Visit site
Gday guys,
any one have one of these pipes on there road going bike? Just wondering what to do with the number plate and blinkers. Photos would be great if any one has done it.

Also any info about the pipe it self compared to 2 brothers or Leo Vince twin set.

Cheers
Tom

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only person I know that has posession of one of these is Wolfman. You can search for posts by him and find out about his x-pink-trackbike he purchased.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Before i actually turned my FZ6 Cup bike into a road bike, with all the OEM exhaust etc,...i did run Pinky on the road, with the GYTR pipe....looks pretty weird from the back, and you have yo butcher the OEM exhaust surround, fashion a different exhaust pipe mount yourself..., and get imaginative with a fender eliminator....

Worked ok when i was done...but in reality, you need to get real smart with a bit of advanced fabrication to make it work for a permanent instalation that doesnt look like a cowboy job! The thing is looks weird from the back, cause there is a single pipe sitting in an area that is both a lot bigger, and shaped for a twin pipe outlet...

here's a few pics i dragged up....

Here is the original GYTR pipe exhaust mount...doubles as a mount for the single race seat unit as well...cant be used with OEM seat, etc...
View attachment 25594

you have to fabricate one to suit the OEM seat unit...
View attachment 25595

This is where the pipe sits, note use of FE to hang number plates, and indicators...Note that FE is only holding onto the OEM rear fender support...but it's strong enough, and does not shake about, if mounted securely...
View attachment 25596

New exhaust mount bracket in place...
View attachment 25597

Mounting pipe via the GYTR Pipe clamp, and new exhaust mount bracket...
View attachment 25598

Pipe mounted....
View attachment 25599

I didnt show the part where i had to butcher the Exhaust shroud to fit the single pipe, as the single pipe, sitting centrally fouls, the little bit of plastic that normally hangs down between the "2" rear pipes on an OEM FZ6...And once you have done this, and you want to go back...you will have to buy a new one of these shrouds...like i did!

Once it's all done, it looks like this....
View attachment 25602

View attachment 25603

View attachment 25604

View attachment 25605

Note, at this point, all the running gear from the FZ6 cup bike is still on! including limited lock clip on bars...

:thumbup: