Group buy for M4 Exhaust

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6 Buyers; we need 4 more for pipes to ship!

I changed my order from the pure carbon fiber cans to titanium. Like some of you noted, both look great. However, when it comes to fading or discoloration of the cans, it will be more noticeable on the carbon fibers. According to Ron - from pipecity.com, the reason given for the fading is the increased internal heat coming oft from inside of the pipes. It is not the Sun's UV rays. He also stated that the exhaust need to be repacked after prolonged use in high temps. On another note, my wife says the titanium cans flow better with the bike, like the factory color. I still get the awesome carbon fiber tips

OK guys we need 4 more buyers for the pipes to ship. Ron reported only 6 thus far. Lets do it!

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
im in. just needing to work out shipping to canada.

im leaning towards the ti with carbon tips as the ti will match all the other silver accents on the bike. Im not too interested in the complete blackout look.

this was exactly my thoughts. I think the Ti will look great!

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
7 buyers already; need 3 more for pipes to ship

Update: I just got off the phone with M4 and found out that both the titanium and the carbon fiber pipes are good. But, in terms of durability, there is no question that Titanium is the better choice.

We have seven buyers; need three more for the pipes to ship :Sport:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok now you guys have me thinking.....do I want to switch to the Ti???

They both will last for years. My wife preffers the bike not too blacked out, and the titaniums add that nice accent. That is a tough decision you'll have to make yourself. I wanted practacality/durability, my wife preffered the titaniums, so I changed my order.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I was in CA all last week and just saw this thread. Gemini, that's a good deal and I just placed my order, got the all-CF cans, w00t! I've sent you a private message but I think (hope!) I placed the order correctly, when I added the coupon code the price went down to $585. Thanks for the work in putting this together, guys! :thumbup:

Now, does someone have a sofa I can sleep on when What's-her-name finds out about this? :eek:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and in the instructions, it said to "...post on SBN so we can all keep track!" Where/what is SBN?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Postal1979

Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm hmm.. From SBN and here

Ordered /////////// ?
nimzotech /////////// CrazyBiker
Gemini77 /////////// Crudux-cruo
FZJAY /////////// Dubbington
jniedermeyer /////////// VEGASRIDER(fz6-forums)- says hes in,wait til pd 4/18
Postal1979
Serraph
Botch

have 7 ordered and 4?

I think thats right or who am I forgeting?

Last edited:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone sorted out the cost of shipping to Canada via UPS?

I ran the calculator on UPS for a guesstimate of 8 lbs, 30"x12"x12" owner packed box to be paid at a UPS retail location, and came up with the following results:

UPS Worldwide Expidited - $160.74 USD, $0 Entry Prep fee

UPS Standard Service - $26.44 USD, $51.45 Entry Prep fee

and both I would assume are subject to GST unless shipper indicates it to be gift or used?

Just curious as I might consider if this shipping was sorted out. ;)

Tomorrow while I have free time at work, I'll call pipecity for you. Which pipes are you more interested in the CF or Tit?

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
i emailed them and was told it they dont take international credit cards so you would have to send a money order and that they could ship usps for 30 bucks. if you can find out a better situation let me know. im waiting until all the for sures that can actually make a real order put theirs through.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i emailed them and was told it they dont take international credit cards so you would have to send a money order and that they could ship usps for 30 bucks. if you can find out a better situation let me know. im waiting until all the for sures that can actually make a real order put theirs through.

There are three types of people out there. Those that do things. Those that watch people do things. And those that do neither. Are you currently in the second category ;)
Why wait? If everyone one of us that actually placed an order would instead be waiting for others this would never happen.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
There are three types of people out there. Those that do things. Those that watch people do things. And those that do neither. Are you currently in the second category ;)
Why wait? If everyone one of us that actually placed an order would instead be waiting for others this would never happen.

.......... :D

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
Spoke with Ron and as of today 11am we have 8 order's placed....we just need 2 more for them to ship. He also said that the pricing for the group buy will end on April 25, 2008 so if you want them you better get in ASAP!!!!

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Spoke with Ron and as of today 11am we have 8 order's placed....we just need 2 more for them to ship. He also said that the pricing for the group buy will end on April 25, 2008 so if you want them you better get in ASAP!!!!

Woot Woot! 2 more :Sport: and they ship :rockon::rockon::rockon:
Gemini thanks for checking the status. Would you be kind enough and find out how much shipping would cost to Canada. We may have the two that we need residing in Canada.

Cheers.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
well im in for sure. the only reason i wanted to wait till we got the 10 or if i was the 10th would be because i have to send actual cash. its not like i can just send them my credit card number and they can sit on it until the order is processed. but now that we are at 8 and the due date is getting close im going to contact them and see exactly how this is going to work and send my money.

I'm getting the Ti if that means anything.

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
due to international shipping problems, those that want in on the buy who are out of the US need to contact Ron at Pipecity to get their order in....800-391-2571

They will have to mail in a money order for payment and Ron will ship the pipes via the United States Postal Service(USPS)....they had problems with UPS and Fed-ex.....if you have any other questions let me know and I will try and find out. :rockon:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Gemini :thumbup:
I too just got off the phone with Ron as I was reading your post above.

Bikerdude: best bet for you would be to contact Ron at the number listed above to work out the shipping / payment options.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
We have 9 buyers; need ONLY 1 more for the M4s to ship!
:Sport::Sport::Sport: