GPS theft

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I can guarantee you that police aren't going to investigate a stolen GPS (look at videotape, etc.). All they will do is take a report and that is it. And even there, you probably do it onlne or just send in a form. But, yeah, I would definitely report to the mgr your suspicions and of of the lousy work (oil grime all over the place). Seems hard to believe, however, that an employee would jack your GPS ...while you are waiting in the lobby!

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
well as some of you know i am a police officer now and im telling you i would make a HUGE scene. if you know it was in there for sure and are that sure that it was taken there then i would cause some major scene in there. it works. as far as the police report, every state differs but i would make one before that way it doesnt look like you are just trying to get even with the business. my self personally i would go so far as to advertise outside the business that they steal. may not be legal but gets the point across. i have done it to a local bike shop here that was nothing but thiefs and since they have lost ALL contracts as a dealer and no one will sell them motorcycles. im sure its not because of me but i like to think i had a small part in it lol.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so I spent some time this morning filing a police report and speaking with the manager at Jiffy Lube. The JF manager seemed annoyed by my compliant. I guess that the alleged "offender" and this particular manager were good friends. The manager didn't have very good interpersonal skills and I had to repeat my name and license number THREE times. He didn't say anything particularly off-putting, but the inflection in his voice and overall body language told me that he must have missed the "customer service/accommodation" training that most service workers get. Whatever...I'd be a miserable bastard too if I was a grease monkey making next to nothing. He did tell me that there are security tapes within the garage (none outside though), and the thief DID drive my wife's car out of the bay and into the parking lot after the oil change.

The police said that they would follow up with JL and view the security cameras. I am really hoping that they catch the theft tape, but there is a good chance he was slick enough to swipe it outside where there are no cameras. I got a call from the investigating officer verifying my information. I hope this gets wrapped up in a week or so...

I'm going to file a complaint with JL cooperate headquarters and if I'm not satisfied, I'll take it to the BBB.

Thanks again for all of your input...:thumbup:

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
For those asking if the device can be tracked or blocked, I can answer that it cannot unless the device has a 2G/3G cell connection for 2 way communication like a mobile phone. The satellites basically put out a signal that the device can pickup, by picking up multiple signals the device can triangulate your position. There is nothing 'intelligent' about the signal.