Got the cash, what should I buy?

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys. Time to change the stock tires on my '04 :) Only has 13k km on board and most of them were put last season. Bike has been put away for a few years. First I was thinking of BT016 Pro as they are sticky and I like our nice mountain roads but now that I have the cash I'm trying to get the best tire for my needs. I mostly use my bike for commuting to work, about 50km round trip every day but I plan on taking long trips this summer with gf in the back. So then I started thinking towards a more touring tire so I get at least 10-12k km out of it. Last season I managed to make 1000km per weekend 2 times, this year I am sure I'll take longer trips all over the country. Started thinking on bt023 or conti road attack 2. But still need the ability to attack some corners on those fine roads waiting for us :rockon:
Got any advice before I put the money on something? I am more inclined to get the ra2's because I like the design :D

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
somethign like the bt-023's will be more than capable of handling the twisties :)

they're dual compound so the sides are softer and more sticky

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
They have a lower price as well. And I am trying to avoid PR3's as they had some issues in the past.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
my trackbike came with a set of bt-023's, i'll let you know how i get on in a couple of weeks ;)

i've done a couple of track days with a knackered set of bt-021's on my FZ6, and they were fine too

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some BT 023s few weeks ago and so far love them, great grip so far and since imma still a noob rider, I'm sure I won't push them to their limit

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
I mostly use my bike for commuting to work, about 50km round trip every day but I plan on taking long trips this summer with gf in the back.

It defenitely sounds like you need one of the newer design Sport-Touring tires. In general, they might be more expensive but they handle almost as good as a true "sport" tire but get twice the mileage.

I loved the handling of the Metzeler Z8's ST tires. They didn't last as long as I would have liked but as a sport-touring tire, IMHO they lean more toward "sport" then "touring", but still provide a lot more miles then a true sport tire.

I'm sure there are plently other great choices out there but the Metz is my latest set of tires that I have replaced that deserves a good report. I'm on a new set of Avon storm II ultra ST tires now. I've always had great luck and mileage with Avon tires on my cruisers, so I thought I'd give'm a try on the FZ.