Got motivated, cleaned my headers + some pics of the bike

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
So I made good on my promise to clean the headers on my bike, and got to thinking I don't think I'd ever posted a pic of it on the forum, so took a few shots w the phone.

Before:
View attachment 47077

After:
View attachment 47078
Even outside the pics don't do the headers justice, they were fugly as hell now the look showroom fresh!

The V: :D
8egazyqe.jpg

Crappy pic but a pic with the lower plastics back on

View attachment 47079

The amount of paper towels etc i had used after about 3 hours of work
View attachment 47080

Anyways I'm still debating whether I should shell out the cash to have the headers coated in black ceramic- I think it would go with the bike a little better.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't waste your cash on ceramic coat, I spent $250 getting my cars headers and turbo pipes coated black, no heat reduction at all, but the were always pristene matte black! if you want black headers get some of VHT's header paint, good stuff, even works on turbos, if want heat control, then I personally recommend DEI's titanium exhaust wrap, it's 25% more effective than fiberglass exhaust wrap, I wrapped all of the header and turbo pipes with it, my cars engine bay is cramped, it's rear engine & rear wheel drive, plus adding the turbo made it very hot, now with the wrap I can blast it on the freeway at full boost, then stop the car, open the engine compartment and put my hand between the engine and the firewall, just over the headers, that area's about the size of a loaf of bread, the DEI wrap is impressive stuff.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't waste your cash on ceramic coat, I spent $250 getting my cars headers and turbo pipes coated black, no heat reduction at all, but the were always pristene matte black! if you want black headers get some of VHT's header paint, good stuff, even works on turbos, if want heat control, then I personally recommend DEI's titanium exhaust wrap, it's 25% more effective than fiberglass exhaust wrap, I wrapped all of the header and turbo pipes with it, my cars engine bay is cramped, it's rear engine & rear wheel drive, plus adding the turbo made it very hot, now with the wrap I can blast it on the freeway at full boost, then stop the car, open the engine compartment and put my hand between the engine and the firewall, just over the headers, that area's about the size of a loaf of bread, the DEI wrap is impressive stuff.

Deffo gonna look into this stuff, i have regular black fiber wrap that helps a tiny bit on bike but i was more interested in black headers without removing them to paint them