Got it!! Brand new 2007 FZ-6!!

Coffee357

Reaction score
Visit site
It was cold, wet, and raining... and a beautiful day to ride! Today was the day scheduled to pick up my newly assembled FZ-6 from my (semi) local dealer. I was disapointed, but not deterred, by the wet-overcast skies and steady light rain. I proceeded in a direct route to my dealer and, after a bit of paperwork, mounted my new, blue, FZ-6. The ride home was a bit stressful with rush hour traffic on wet roads (especially when combined with my recent month of less than frequent riding) but I came away with a very possitive impression of my new bike. She purrs like a kitten and was very managable with the light throttle imputs I allowed her. Seemed very sure-footed for the weather. I just wish there was a little more adjustment in the clutch cable. Everything else was perfect. Love the instruments, the wind protection, and the comfort. Awesome bike! Wanna thank you guys (and gals) for pointing me in the right direction on this one!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Enjoy the great bike! I plan on trading mine in come spring. The black is aclling my name!:thumbup:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
congratulations on the bike!
i saw that you had a 06 Z750 S , could you do a little comparison between the two? at least the first impressions?

Z750 was one of my options when i was shopping around last year...oh and what happened to it?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! You are truly dedicated to pick up your ride on such a craptacular day. Glad to hear that you got one of the fast blue ones, you'll love it!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was cold, wet, and raining... and a beautiful day to ride! Today was the day scheduled to pick up my newly assembled FZ-6 from my (semi) local dealer. I was disapointed, but not deterred, by the wet-overcast skies and steady light rain. I proceeded in a direct route to my dealer and, after a bit of paperwork, mounted my new, blue, FZ-6. The ride home was a bit stressful with rush hour traffic on wet roads (especially when combined with my recent month of less than frequent riding) but I came away with a very possitive impression of my new bike. She purrs like a kitten and was very managable with the light throttle imputs I allowed her. Seemed very sure-footed for the weather. I just wish there was a little more adjustment in the clutch cable. Everything else was perfect. Love the instruments, the wind protection, and the comfort. Awesome bike! Wanna thank you guys (and gals) for pointing me in the right direction on this one!
Congrats man,
It fantastic having that feeling of being like a little kid on x-mas morning lol.
I picked my bike up in the freezing rain, I was grining from ear to ear all the way home (50 drenching miles).
I also found the clutch a bit enthusiastic to start with. You have had enough bikes in the past so by next week you won't even notice it.
Tolgatt has asked for a comparison against the Z750. I would also be very interested as I looked at one prior to my FZ6. Unfortunatley I was unable to get a test ride.

Neil

Coffee357

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be glad to give my FZ-6 vs. Z750s comparison... but not just yet! The only riding I've done with the FZ has been in this "interesting" weather and I don't feel I could do the FZ justice until I spend some time with her on decent roads. I also look forward to seeing how they compare :).

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good choice and don;t worry about the bike, you will learn the ins and outs of it, every bike is dirrerent and you just get used to the intricacies.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Great choice

Congrats on the new bike....now for the upgrades....:D

Scorpion is great exhaust and not too hard to install.

Try a little regearing of the sprockets......one tooth down in the front and two teeth up in th back. Makes for one peppy ride.

If you dont get any upgrades for the bike at least get good riding gear.

Have fun and enjoy the new bike...........sorry to hear you got the slower blue one......LOL J/K :Sport: be safe!