Good idea? Bad idea? Legal idea?

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So i have the projector lights installed, with halo's. I was thinking of installing a switch to turn off the headlights and just use the halos. Not for all the time, just for those 3pm saturday afternoon rides. I know more light = more visibility, but sometimes i think the whole projector is kinda overkill sometimes. That the halos would suffice.

Please let me know your honest thoughts.

S

Shamus McFeeley

I think it sounds like a good idea, but I don't know the legality of it.

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
eh...should be legal during the day in MD but realize that you reduce your visibility to the cagers that may or may not see you in their rear view mirrors.
I do admit tho that they look pretty sweeet!

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
It might well be legal in your state, but I'm concerned the halo's might not produce enough light to make you visible.

Think of it this way... lets say the bright afternoon sun is shining directly on your headlights and drowning out the light produced by your halo's. If that happens, your lights are over powered by the sunlight and you just became invisible to oncoming cagers.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey off subject just for a sec please... where did you get those mirrors if i may ask? Are signals integrated in them or did you just get rid of them? Looks super sweet :thumbup:

Shiloh

Squire to Lord Bouche
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know about legal (and if I did, it would be a Texas only answer), but it sure looks sweet. And ditto on the mirrors; what and where did you get them?

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe it would be legal in most states during daylight hours. I also think it looks good like that. That said I also think it is a good way to have a car make a left turn right in front of you. I ride with my highbeam on in the daytime. I am always trying to find ways to produce more light, not less.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I think ill put a switch in and see what happens. If nothing else, i just never turn them off lol.

The mirrors are from here:
Motorcycle Integrated Mirrors Universal Black Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha Street Bikes

They are decent, but the only issue i have with them is that when i take the cover on and off, it seems to loosen the mirrors. I have tried several means to get them to stay, but nothing so far. I have had to loosen, locktite and tighten the screws about 6 times in the last 2 months... Annoying at least...

The signals are hooked up, and pretty nice. All in all, if someone comes up with a great way to tighten the mount, and keep it that way, im sure these mirrors would be the #1 fz6 mod... they look soooo good.