GMAX GM68S Motorcycle Helmet Review

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Huge feature set, high quality, best venting and more make this the webBikeWorld 2007 Motorcycle Helmet of the Year!

More...

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The modular helmet I got with my bike last summer was a G-Max, a brand I've not really been able to find anywhere. Interesting.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that helmet looks like it has some new thinking in it, I wonder if those LED lights could be wired somehow to the brake light on bike to work as another brake light other than random flashing lights

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's one cool helmet. I wish it came in a color that matches the Yamaha Blue. Don't really like their Crusader design, the Dragon is neat but doesn't come in blue. But getting two visors, plus free shipping and the carrying case for the visor and helmet for $100. I'll give it a try. Wonder if they are back ordered.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard great things about the Gmax helmet. Can you or someone recommend good on-line motorcycle accessory websites. Perhaps one that carries Gmax products?

Cheers

H

HavBlue

I have tried a number of helmets and found that dollar for dollar you just can't beat an HJC.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I both own these GMAXs. I like them even tough they are a little bit on the "bulky" side. The back LED feature and the included extra tinted visor are great additions for a helmet in the $130 range. One gripe I have is that the GMAX tends to be a little noisy at freeway speeds; but then again I am comparing it to my pleasant experiences with the Shoei RF-1000 helmet. Hmm thats kind of like comparing apples to oranges...

:Sport:

Last edited:

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
My wife and I both own these GMAXs. I like them even tough they are a little bit on the "bulky" side. The back LED feature and the included extra tinted visor are great additions for a helmet in the $130 range. One gripe I have is that the GMAX tends to be a little noisy at freeway speeds; but then again I am comparing it to my pleasant experiences with the Shoei RF-1000 helmet. Hmm thats kind of like comparing apples to oranges...

:Sport:
Just got the confirmation that it shipped :Sport:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Me and My wife also have GMAX Platinium edition 48S 's ,to be totally honest the only reason i bought those were because they were cheap and they werent look like they were cheap...the visor and the chin venting is the same as this model....the extra tinted visor is what i use all the time,,,i dont know about this model but mine have a little bit of too much wind noise,,,sometimes it gets annoying knowing that good helmets have much less wind noise...i was thinking about changing them this year,,,and this is the first time i see someone else using GMAX helmets other than me :D

oh and i forgot,,the visor mechanism squeaks at high speed if its open also,,,god its been so long i almost forgot this annoying issue with these helmets,,i constantly spray some WD40 to the springs on the sides to stop them squeaking...

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My GM68 Crusader is on its way for $107.99 shipped. I ordered the 68S SPC Dark Silver/Flat Titanium model. On the motorcycle superstore site I think this one was listed as the Matte Silver-Titanium model. I hope I get the right one. We'll see what I think about it compared to my HJC CL-SP.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up a white/red, couldnt pass up at least trying it out. I bought an M2R or something like that from Motorcycle superstore and it was just an awful POS. Wore it once and then returned it no problem. DOnt think i;ll need to this time but its nice to know I can.

We will see how this compares to my first helmet, Icon Mainframe. Its been comfy and decent but is starting to show its wear.

Any thoughts on how long a helmet should last?

thanks

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
jsut got my helmet and was wondering if anyone else got this and what their thoughts might be. It looks nice and has a nice fit but I want to be sure I want this, otherwise I might return and get the scorpion exo-1000.

Yasso

Reaction score
Visit site
To those who got this helmet earlier in the year, how did they work out? How does it compare to other helmets around that price range? I'm looking at this helmet among a few others.

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
I got one about 2 months ago. Mine is the blue/white. I really like the black with dark gray ones but they didn't have any in my size, so I went with the blue/white.

I have gotten almost as many compliments on my helmet as I get on my bike.

As far as looks I really like it.

When I first got it, I thought that I had just wasted $100 bucks, I didn't like the fit of it or the weight. The helmet I had before this was a Fulmer and it was much lighter and fit pretty well.

Well the more I wear it the more I like it. The weight isn't even an issue, I quess you just get used to it, and it didn't take very long to get used to it.

The air movement is great:rockon:

The tinted visor is awesome especially since it was free.

Now for the one complant the I (WILL) have is the air movement during the colder months.

You can shut off all the vents on top and almost no air will come in, But there is no way to shut the 2 small vents on the front, they are only about 1/4 inch wide and 1/2 inch tall but they let alot of air into your chin and mouth area. Right now they are great since it is hot out but like I said when it gets cooler out it may become a little cold having the cold air hit my face.

I will let you know about this when it does get cooler out.

As of right now I would say that this is a very good helmet for the price and would recommend it to people.