Givi V35 PLX vs Givi E41 vs Givi E36(0) vs Givi E21

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So the taxes are filed and I got some $ from Uncle Sam (great thing, up until i realize this was my money to begin with :eek:), so I'm thinking to finish the touring set-up. I've had this analysis-paralysis for two weeks now - what hard cases should I go with?:don'tknow:

My biggest thing is that I don't want the rear of the bike to get too wide, so I'm trying to figure out what the total width is with different models mounted. The flip-side of it is - if there is a significant increase in storage volume at a cost of 1 inch total width difference, well, maybe it's worth it.

So, i know there are few people here with V35s, E21s and E36(0)s (not sure about E41s) - is there any way you could measure the total width with your cases mounted and post here, perhaps, with general impressions and/or pics, especially the E41s?

PS: Anybody tried Givi TRK series? I'm not considering them seriously, but would be curious what they'd look like on FZ6

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh your talking side cases.. I have a set of e21's that i absolutly love.. Splurg a bit for the sw-motech rack. A few $$ more, but then you dont have to have the racks on the side all the time. I dunno what type of space requirments you have, but e21's give you some good space. If i had to do it over and had the extra cash, v35's would have been my next choice..

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh your talking side cases.. I have a set of e21's that i absolutly love.. Splurg a bit for the sw-motech rack. A few $$ more, but then you dont have to have the racks on the side all the time. I dunno what type of space requirments you have, but e21's give you some good space. If i had to do it over and had the extra cash, v35's would have been my next choice..

LERecords, question about E21s - Do you have a top case on top of them? i'm looking at this: and wondering if the lids open ( i really like the idea of top opening lid, actually) with the top case hanging over them. I have a V46 case, it ain't Maxia V52, but it occasionally swallows passing Smart Cars and it's big.