Givi V35 lighting from AdMore Lighting

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
Last week my shipment of lights for my Givi V35 cases arrived. They are sold by AdMore Lighting. The lights add running light, turn signals and brake lights to your V35 cases . I previously had been using integrated LED tail/turn signal lights from Clear Alternatives. And while their brake light is very good, the signal light portion is dim and easily washed out in the sun. It was never my intention to use the clear alternative lights on a permanent basis.

The AdMore lights are LEDs that fit behind the original red lens that is on the case. As stock this lens has no lights or reflector. It is simply for looks.
IMG_2004.jpg

The V35 light kit comes with most of the things you need for installation.
V35-01.jpg

Included is the lights, inline micro controller, wire taps, cable shroud, drill bit and the bulkhead connectors to allow you to detach your cases.

V35-02.jpg

The left one is the LED lights. They come on the sheets that you simply need to put in place of the original on the right.

V35-03.jpg

You need to drill a small hole for the wires to go through. Don't forget to tie a knot in the end of the wire just before the hole. This way if the wire gets tugged on you wont rip the wires off the LED board. I filed a small spot away on the brace to give more room for the wire to pass under the sheet.

Placement of the plugs for the case is critical to both ease of access and length of cable you have to work with.
V35-04.jpg

I found the cables from the controller to be to short. I originally had been planning to place the controller under the left side pod by the seat. This point has easy access to all the wires you need to connect to. I found however that the wire for the right side case did not even come close to reaching when mounted in this spot . The only way to make it work would leave the controller exposed to the heat of the exhaust and moisture. I also considered just splicing in a longer section of wire to make it work, but I did not want to void the warranty of the product. In the end I placed the unit under the seat. That space is already used for my Starcom so I figured one more thing will not hurt it. I had to add a slotted hole to slide the controller and wires though. The hole will be filled later with epoxy.
V35-06.jpg

V35-05.jpg

There is enough clearance for the wires from the exhaust.

The second problem I found was that the wires that are inside the cases themselves are to short. To have them reach they would be stretched out across the inside of your case! You will need to solder on some extra wire to make it long enough. It's strange that a kit designed for a specific case would not come with the appropriate length of wire. I suspect I may have ended up with a prototype by mistake. I did not take any pictures of this yet as I already soldered in some temporary wire until I find more suitable replacement.

I used my own cable tie mounting bases to route the wires around the edge of the case.
V35-07.jpg

Here is what the installed product looks like in daylight (running light only).
V35-08.jpg

And here is a picture in low light (running light only).
V35-09.jpg

Despite the few wire length faults this is a GREAT product and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has the V35 cases. Pictures do not do it justice. It is very bright in day/night and looks 100% stock. If anyone is interested I could perhaps add some video of it in action.

Oh and I should add that when I e-mailed them about confirmation on shipping they called me back within 5 minutes. That's some good speedy service!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They look really good.

Does that mean you never take your boxes off now?

I have KAPPA boxes but only use the side boxes when touring.

The top box stays on most of the time. I find it really useful for putting bits in. My girlfriend loves having the box on.

Steve

HowlFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I was skeptical about adding the V35 cases to my bike based on the photos from the Givi website. It seems like they obstruct the tail lamp too much for my liking. This LED add solves that problem. Thanks!

BTW - Does anyone have a link for an online Givi retailer in the US?

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!!....In the 7th pic from the top, it looks like you are missing a bolt. Not sure if you removed it or not. Just thought I'd say something if you never noticed.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Very nice setup. I'd like to see video of it in action.

My only gripe is that you have a connector to fiddle with. I want contacts on the bags and on the rack that connect when you mount the bag. no muss, no fuss.

Fred

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I was skeptical about adding the V35 cases to my bike based on the photos from the Givi website. It seems like they obstruct the tail lamp too much for my liking. This LED add solves that problem. Thanks!

BTW - Does anyone have a link for an online Givi retailer in the US?

TwistedThrottle.com

That's where I bought my stuff at.

memyride.jpg

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I found the cables from the controller to be to short...

The second problem I found was that the wires that are inside the cases themselves are to short. To have them reach they would be stretched out across the inside of your case! You will need to solder on some extra wire to make it long enough. It's strange that a kit designed for a specific case would not come with the appropriate length of wire.

Dude I had the same problem when I was having to rewire my turning signals. The kit came with the bracket to mount the rear turning signals but no wires. :mad: Sucked. I had to use this wire we've got at work and heat shrink. Looks OK but I agree with you that a kit should at least include the proper wiring. Not to talk crap on GIVI because the bags themselves are absolutely but geezzz :confused:....

Your lights look really good!!!!:thumbup: What do you use when you take your bags off or do you leave them on all the time?

IMG_3099.jpg

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys

i am new to this forum.

I hail from South east asia from the island of SIngapore.

Love this site!!

Have a quick question, approximately what is additional width difference between the handle bar and the v35 side panniers??

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys

i am new to this forum.

I hail from South east asia from the island of SIngapore.

Love this site!!

Have a quick question, approximately what is additional width difference between the handle bar and the v35 side panniers??

Hi Farish and welcome.

This is a good question he has asked. Who has the answer?

Just remember your boxes when you are filtering :thumbup:

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
They look really good.
Does that mean you never take your boxes off now?

I basically haven't removed the boxes since I got them. For the most part only to wash the bike. I believe I did ride without them one or two times last year. I use them every day for carrying my gear to work. And I also always carry some tools, tire repair kit and compressor with me.

I have been considering wiring up the old clear alternatives signal lights with a switch so that should I need to go without the cases I can still do so.

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!!....In the 7th pic from the top, it looks like you are missing a bolt. Not sure if you removed it or not. Just thought I'd say something if you never noticed.

Good eye! I replaces those ones already once before. I had purchased nylon lock nuts to put on, but I never actually put them on. DOH :(

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site

The case sticks out about 11.5 inches from the furthest out point of the passenger grab rails. Hopefully you can figure out what you need to know from that. ;)

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
The case sticks out about 11.5 inches from the furthest out point of the passenger grab rails. Hopefully you can figure out what you need to know from that. ;)

i see..will do a calculation to see if feasible to get a pair.

Here in Singapore, we riders do alot of squeezing in between cars.

Because our expressway are packed and we ride in between lanes if we want to get to our destination fast.

when i had the givi e 21 on my former chopper, i had the occasional bump against cars( which of course , i sped off :ban:) . So here i am wondering if i can cope with panniers wider than the givi e 21.:D